Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Wow,

Really enticed this sale, good few bits on the go.

Picked up Borderlands 2 and Natural Selection2.

I made a promise to myself that from today I'd start working through my back catalogue of games on Steam, really need to get it sorted, ive never even played the first borderlands! (even though I own it )

Anyone played Wargame Europe Escalation?

That looks serious...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,171 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Can't access from work. What are the flash sale updates from 4am? I see above about Monkey Island. Trying to decide whether to go home at lunch and buy it. :) And what are the new vote items?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Can't access from work. What are the flash sale updates from 4am? I see above about Monkey Island. Trying to decide whether to go home at lunch and buy it. :) And what are the new vote items?

Don't think the flash update for another 6 hours or so.

Vote items are Waking Mars, Forge and Miasmata.

<edited>
    Sorry misread it. It's Deus Ex for €4.74, Art Rage 3 for €20.39 and Doom 3 for €14.99 for next 6 hours.
    Then the new updated ones are Farming Sim for €12.49, I Am Alive for €5.09 and Airmech DLC for €2.49

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

TheDoc wrote: »
    Anyone played Wargame Europe Escalation?

That looks serious...

|Fantastic game but be prepared to spend allot of time learning mechanics and strategies if you decide to get it. Not for the cod type who do not like to think :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

Flash sales update in 10 minutes. At the moment its

Expiring in 6 hours:
    Deus Ex Human Revolution - €4.74
    Art Rage 3-€20.39
    Doom 3 - €14.99

Expiring in 10 minutes
    Natural Selection 2 - €9.19
    Batman Arkham City - €7.49
    Fable 3 - €9.99

The community Choice is Monkey Island for €2.24 which expires in 6 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭civilnug

New Flash Sale games.

Farming Simulator 2012 - €12.49
    I am Alive - €5.09
    Air Mech Starter Pack - €2.49

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

New Flash Sales.

Farmind Simulator 2013 - €12.49
    I Am Alive - €5.09
    AirMech - €2.49

Going to get I Am Alive and the PoP pack i think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,389 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Skerries wrote: »
    you obviously didn't see the humble bundle,most of those games for less thna a fiver

I saw it. I own most of them, so I didn't bother.

For those that don't have it and missed the Humble Bundle, it's incredible value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Is I Am Alive any good? The blurb makes it sound intriguing but I think I remember hearing that it's very short with only a small handful of confrontations with other survivors (or was that Deadlight?) Anyone played it?

Damn it, less than 24 hours in and I'm already going off-plan. Damn you Monkey Island!

Edit : re:2 posts down - In case anyone else is considering it, the GTA IV + expansions could easily drop lower than that - I picked it up in the Summer 2011 sale for 11 or 12 euro.

• Advertisement

FARMING SIMULATOR?!?!?!?

BANGERANNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

*you wont get it if you havnt seen the youtube video

Thank **** I got into work just in time for Natural Selection 2

GTA 4 and expansions for €17, yup, having that too

** Joy of steam app on android, tells me when I already own stuff, and seemingly I already have this :O

Is the THQ Bundle worth a buy if I don't have any of the games yet?

I was considering Borderlands and Spec Ops anyway, but are the other games in the bundle worth having also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I was considering Borderlands and Spec Ops anyway, but are the other games in the bundle worth having also?

It is genuinely one of the best deals I've ever seen for games.

danthefan wrote: »
    It is genuinely one of the best deals I've ever seen for games.

I never heard of Darksiders, but from trailers alone those two look like they would make it worthwhile.

Bought it for the sake of it :D All those games for €20+ quid is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lets say that someone bought Scribblenauts, which doesn't activate in europe until february. Hypothetically speaking of course, would it hypothetically be possible to play the game by activating it hypothetically through a VPN or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

I never heard of Darksiders, but from trailers alone those two look like they would make it worthwhile.

Bought it for the sake of it :D All those games for €20+ quid is class

Ahh what!? Darksiders is outstanding. The sequel doesn't quite live up to it being honest but it's still well worth a play through.

Bah, meant to say 2K games. Serves me right for multitasking.

Anyone know what the others in that bundle are like:- Civ5, X-Com, Darkness 2. Are they worthwhile getting in the bundle or should I just hold out for Borderlands and Spec Ops to see if they show up as a flash deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Bah, meant to say 2K games. Serves me right for multitasking.

Anyone know what the others in that bundle are like:- Civ5, X-Com, Darkness 2. Are they worthwhile getting in the bundle or should I just hold out for Borderlands and Spec Ops to see if they show up as a flash deal.
    Civ 5 and x com are 2 of the best strategy games out there.The darkness is a great game but very very short (I think about 6 hours)

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    Got Morrowind in the summer sale for old times sake and it looks appalling, it is perhaps the worst aged game ever! Couldn't bear it for longer than 20 minutes.

You should check out the morroblivion mod it transfares the full morrowind game into the oblivion engine which doesn't feel nearly as dated thats what im doing my next morrowind playthrough on :D

Ah good oul Monkey Island I voted for you so I shall buy you :P

• Advertisement

I Am Alive bought. Whoop.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Come on endless space drop in price again :D

danthefan wrote: »
    Ahh what!? Darksiders is outstanding. The sequel doesn't quite live up to it being honest but it's still well worth a play through.

Got stuck in a decision, Darksiders bundle with all the DLC for €20 or the THQ pack for €20...as much as it should be obvious, alot of stuff in the THQ Bundle I wont touch off :(

Wonder can I gift that useless **** on ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,630 ✭✭✭folan

Thats me and hitman finally united. Been waiting till i finish the backlog before i bought anything else! damn you steam, why you do sales! this is how i got into this mess in the first place

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Got stuck in a decision, Darksiders bundle with all the DLC for €20 or the THQ pack for €20...as much as it should be obvious, alot of stuff in the THQ Bundle I wont touch off :(

Wonder can I gift that useless **** on ?

Darksiders bundle for cheaper off Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY

$13.19 in US moneys. so barely more than a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Monkey island 1+2 special editions for €3.74, yoink!

hitman games for a fiver is tempting, as is the PoP pack...
    I wonder will portal 2 drop any more, also hoping to get the dawn of war expansions at a steal having got the game through humblebundle.

This is my first experience of a steam sale, fun fun!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Really hoping that half life drops.Ashamed to say never played any of them.Would I be better off getting the orange box thing or should I get the package that has all the deathmatch stuff or is that stuff pretty much redundant?Planning on picing it up at some stage and if it doesn't drop will get it the last day of the sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The Real JMC

Darksiders bundle for cheaper off Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00APOVDDY

$13.19 in US moneys. so barely more than a tenner.

You could always wait for the daily deal. If it goes to 75% it will be €10 which is pretty much exactly $13.19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭Lamposts

WOW. It's like every game I want is on sale. I HATE LIFE.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

You could always wait for the daily deal. If it goes to 75% it will be €10 which is pretty much exactly $13.19

Whatever doesn't sink your boat man.

Advertisement