Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

***Steam Christmas Sale 2012 (20th Dec to 4th Jan)***

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 645 ✭✭✭altairscreed

Crap I forgot to buy monkey island as part of the bundle im now down 99c :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Monkey Island worth playing then? Never played any of the series before

Can't see much else I'm interested in at the moment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 683 ✭✭✭General Relativity

Meatwad wrote: »
    Really hoping that half life drops.Ashamed to say never played any of them.

8c781ce4c22619003181e794c41a84a0.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Have to take a punt on I am Alive at that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

Harps wrote: »
    Monkey Island worth playing then? Never played any of the series before

Can't see much else I'm interested in at the moment

It's an old school point and click with great humour in it.

If you like those type of games, the bundle is well worth investing in at just under €4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

Meatwad wrote: »
    Really hoping that half life drops.Ashamed to say never played any of them.Would I be better off getting the orange box thing or should I get the package that has all the deathmatch stuff or is that stuff pretty much redundant?Planning on picing it up at some stage and if it doesn't drop will get it the last day of the sale.

I have a giftable copy of HL2 if you want it?

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

Make sure to check out humblebundle if yer looking at the indie titles, you'll find the price of one on steam = the price for all on humble at the mo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Yeah amazon downloads have some decent prices.

Dead Island Game of the year edition $5.99 - €4.50

Hitman Asolution $19.99 - €15 - its €24.99 on steam sale

Max Payne $14.99 - €11

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Lets say that someone bought Scribblenauts, which doesn't activate in europe until february. Hypothetically speaking of course, would it hypothetically be possible to play the game by activating it hypothetically through a VPN or something?

Hypothetically, Valve would ban your account (They've been very strict on using a VPN for activation/playing this year).

Dcully wrote: »
    Yeah amazon downloads have some decent prices.

Dead Island Game of the year edition $5.99 - €4.50

Hitman Asolution $19.99 - €15 - its €24.99 on steam sale

Max Payne $14.99 - €11

Just seen on a different thread the dead island is region locked so it requires a VPN to play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

So lads, what are the chances of Far cry 3 going on sale? Mad to play it but holding out cause I do not want that feeling one gets after paying 40+ for a game that's on sale a few days later.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i'd say it will only get a 33% off discount as it's too new

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭Not The Real Scarecrow

Creature wrote: »
    Thanks very much dude, but think I'll go for the full pack in the end,so would just end up holding on to the gift or end up with a spare copy after getting the pack.I'm a bit of a sucker for the collections.Would like to get into it and play from 1 to 2 ep 2 .
    Once again thanks very much for the very kind offer.

glynf wrote: »
    So lads, what are the chances of Far cry 3 going on sale? Mad to play it but holding out cause I do not want that feeling one gets after paying 40+ for a game that's on sale a few days later.:)

It's only 25 on g2play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭glynf

Thanks for the reply, dunno about them tbh, thought g2play was a bit dodgy-as in steam keys they sell not being valid/honoured by Valve. have you used them?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,713 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

G2play are fine, ive used them many times without issue.

glynf wrote: »
    Thanks for the reply, dunno about them tbh, thought g2play was a bit dodgy-as in steam keys they sell not being valid/honoured by Valve. have you used them?

Iv used g2play a few times recently and never had a problem with them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭settings

It's an old school point and click with great humour in it.

If you like those type of games, the bundle is well worth investing in at just under €4.

Heard about this game alot and decided I will try it out over xmas. I dont play games normally and I had to install steam for the first time and the game is downloading now. Kinda crappy that its 16%-17% more expensive (£2.61stg vs £3.04 with euro rate) than the uk price though - is that the same with all steam games?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

settings wrote: »
    Heard about this game alot and decided I will try it out over xmas. I dont play games normally and I had to install steam for the first time and the game is downloading now. Kinda crappy that its 16%-17% more expensive (£2.61stg vs £3.04 with euro rate) than the uk price though - is that the same with all steam games?

I would imagine that it accounts for VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I would imagine that it accounts for VAT.

There's only a 3% difference in the VAT rates.

Euro Region 1, which includes Ireland, gets shafted on a lot of games. The US usually get the lowest prices, then UK, then Eurozone and Australia. It's a joke really, Valve don't seem to have the same understanding of exchange rates as everyone else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

SaulGoode9 wrote: »
    There's only a 3% difference in the VAT rates.

Euro Region 1, which includes Ireland, gets shafted on a lot of games. The US usually get the lowest prices, then UK, then Eurozone and Australia. It's a joke really, Valve don't seem to have the same understanding of exchange rates as everyone else.

Cheers, didn't know that was the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭LuvSpudz

okay torchlight 2 at that price is very nice, can't say I know orcs must die and divinity though, what are people's opinions on those?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

Orcs must die is a good laugh, OMD2 has co-op and is great if you can get yourself a buddy to play with too

• Site Banned Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭Andy!!

Creature wrote: »

And you can grab Black Mesa, the fan remake of the first one, for free. :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭Icepick

Do you think Torchlight II will be 75% off eventually?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Orcs must die is a good laugh, OMD2 has co-op and is great if you can get yourself a buddy to play with too

Easier said than done. The second one is really designed for coop. It's very difficult solo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Dishonored. Really the only game I want. 50% now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Hey Steam, I got paid before Christmas, now I can buy my family some pre... wait Steam wat r u doin... steam... stahp

Got an early Christmas present of a 20 euro Steam card. My girlfriend knows that when Steam sales come along I generally go mad and with it being my birthday last Tuesday and now Christmas she told her family that Steam cards were what I needed. Expecting another 40-60 euro in Steam credit in the coming days so should be going a lil crazy. At least though I won't have an obscene credit card bill to deal with in January.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Not really anything today to tickle my fancy. Already have a couple and not really interested in the rest. Sales arent as fun when you own so much though its good for my wallet.:D

Advertisement