Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC wireless to lan issue

• 16-12-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭

Hi All.

Bit of an issue with the 3925.

I've got wireless on and connecting at 90meg on a 100meg line, happy days.
    However When I disable the wireless and hook the computer directly into the modem via the Ethernet cable my speeds drop to 10meg.

Any suggestions as to why this is.

The ethernet port is flashing orange on the modem.

Running windows 7

Using Realtek RTL8168C(P)/8111C(P) Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC (NDIS 6.20)

Okay, the plot thickens.

I've since realised that the NIC only goes to speeds of 10Mbps, this can't be right cause I was connecting last week at 30mbps.....
    I've tried updating the drivers but when i do i get a network cable unplugged

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Okay, very weird, so my realtek drivers were showing up at 10mbps after installing a wireless card.

i updated the realtek driver but it kept saying network cable unplugged.

I unplugged cable from pc, turned computer off, waited 30 mins, restarted pc, installed cable to computer and hey presto it works and im back to 1gig lan.

Advertisement