Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Upgrade

Options
  • 16-12-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭

Quick question for the lads in the know on here, I currently have a HJC alarm fitted to the house. It was pre wired when I moved in and then got JB Security to install the alarm in 2003 there is no number on panel that I can see.

The alarm needs an overhaul as it goes off on its own for various reasons alot and it bugs the fook outta me when its at all hours of the morning and I have to jump up like GI Joe and go checking the premises etc.

Trouble is I do not know the master code :rolleyes: and cant get it as the company who installed it are gone outta business.

What are my options?

Thanx in advance....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,250 ✭✭✭Thunderbird2

Which sensor is giving you trouble ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thats just it I have no idea! The fact I cannot omit a particular one as I have no master code to get into the alarm is a pain in the arse. I have two windows actually taken out of the loop from the main PCB by a neighbour to try and solve the problem. The way the alarm is wired it gives zones when a fault pops up which could be any of 2-3 windows and its not always the same zone.

Hence the reason why I need the alarm serviced if you like, is there a way to install a new keypad to get the master code again or do I need a new main PCB board with all the wires etc.

Thanx again.

You could try and default the panel . Turn off the mains going into the panel
    Remove the jumper link in the main unit and then completely power down the board by removing the batt and mains .wait about 30 sec and then power it back up and look to see if the keypad displays " default all "
    Press yes and the user code will be 1111 and engineer 4567 . Don't forget to put the jumper link back if it works . If the panel is engineer locked it won't work and you'll have to just use your current code to turn it off .

Any alarm company can reset it for you if the above doesn't work :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Thanx thunderbird, its deffo do-able the resetting of the main panel then? There is me thinking I need a totally new alarm!!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement