Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung Galaxy GT-15500 help

Options
  • 16-12-2012 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

My daughter has somehow set a screen password on her Jedward Samsung GT-15500 phone. Sim password is OK but then get "Enter password to unlock screen". She doesn't know what the password is or doesn't remember setting a screen password. I've spent a bit of time googling & am willing to do a hard reset on the phone but I can't get the buttons to work. One option is to press up & down volume together & then turn on phone but this does nothing. Is there anyother way of resetting the phone or getting past this screen password?.

Thanks,

T.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Normally, you hold down either the vol up or vol down, not both, while holding the menu button. You then power it on and let go of the power button (only!) once it comes on. Failing that, you should be able to reset it through Kies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Hi Chrislad,

Thanks for the reply. I've tried all combinations of buttons but no joy. Any chance you'd have a link to instructions on how to do it thru' Kies & a safe site to download it from.

Many Thanks,

T.

I downloaded KIES but no option to wipe phone. Says firmware is up-to-date..T.

Dropped the phone into a mobile phone shop run by some Polish guys but they had no success either. I've used them before for unlocking phone from network & they seem to know their business. Had the phone for 2 days but couldn't crack it. Anyone got any other ideas or links. Is there a hardware reset button anywhere on the board or any software I can downlooad to wipe it. Tried KIES but no luck.

Thanks.

T.

Advertisement