Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

no signal on iphone

• 16-12-2012 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭

I am with 3 mobile. I brought an iphone 4s and lost it, had no insurance.
    got an old iphone 3s. has been working fine but over last few weeks i've no sognal at all. Its not a problem with 3 cos my wife has a signal on her phone in same area.
    I reset all settings and restored the phone but to no avail.
    Anything else i can do myself?
    Would apple fix this if i sent it into them? would that be expensive?

Comments

Did you buy the 3GS second hand? If so, maybe the previous owner reported it as stolen? Seems to be a common scam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

If it's out of warranty it's €161 for a replacement from apple. Probably better off going to a local repair place and see if they can do anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

Karsini wrote: »
    Did you buy the 3GS second hand? If so, maybe the previous owner reported it as stolen? Seems to be a common scam.
    no, it was an old phone of mine

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭kdowling

If it's out of warranty it's €161 for a replacement from apple. Probably better off going to a local repair place and see if they can do anything.

can those local repair shops fix technical issues like this, thought they only fixed screens

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,741 ✭✭✭Piliger

I assume you have checked with someone else's SIM ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement