Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do women find muscular men attractive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

I had assumed you to be about 18 inches tall and furry - like your profile pic.

You lied to us with your username and profile pic !!!!:mad:
    Teddy your left leg is bigger than your right. Are you left fitted by any chance?
    On a lighter note .... You sound like your on the edge on deciding on juice or not. Put it this way,,, do you want to be tallifornia or actually look like you work out and not be a tool

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

Dtp79 wrote: »
    Give it time! He's into gains cause it look good!!!!! It maybe hes one in a million. It's not natural muscle and it is NOT safe. Look at arnie... Had major surgery on his heart BEFORE somehting went wrong. He knew it was coming!

Arnold Schwarzenneger's heart trouble was unrelated to steroid use. It was a genetic abnormality that ran in his family. Saying that though the steroids he used were nothing compared to what's available now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

A bit of muscle and definition is hot in my opinion but yer man in that pic is all kinds of wrong to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

What is this? It appears the Health and Fitness crew have descended on AH :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

Valentina wrote: »
    A bit of muscle and definition is hot in my opinion but yer man in that pic is all kinds of wrong to me.

Don't mind her Teddy, just keep pluggin away one rep at a time.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭jaffacakesyum

Not that it should matter (you shouldn't base all decisions in your life on "what women like"), but I wouldn't touch a guy who used steroids or was a big bodybuilder with a barge pole. Totally not my type. As long as somebody is fit and healthy and looks after themselves, that's fine by me. And a bit of muscular definition is hot, I'm not gonna lie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

Remmy wrote: »
    Don't mind her Teddy, just keep pluggin away one rep at a time.:D

Ha! Oops sorry Teddy, I meant the bloke in the OP :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

Teddy your left leg is bigger than your right. Are you left fitted by any chance?
    On a lighter note .... You sound like your on the edge on deciding on juice or not. Put it this way,,, do you want to be tallifornia or actually look like you work out and not be a tool
    Is it? It must just be the picture I don't think it actually is. Weird thing is though I'm actually right footed and right handed but my left arm is strong than my right.
    I'm not sure about which leg is stronger because I never really isolate them but in football I'd prefer to pass with my left foot too. I have to shoot with my right really though. I don't get it myself.

Valentina wrote: »
    Ha! Oops sorry Teddy, I meant the bloke in the OP :o
    :D I was hoping so :p

• Advertisement

Arnold Schwarzenneger's heart trouble was unrelated to steroid use. It was a genetic abnormality that ran in his family. Saying that though the steroids he used were nothing compared to what's available now.
    Stop making excuses. Arnie went under the knife cause of the juice he took. "Family history" is his excuse... Was he a politician by any chance??

Is it? It must just be the picture I don't think it actually is. Weird thing is though I'm actually right footed and right handed but my left arm is strong than my right.
    I'm not sure about which leg is stronger because I never really isolate them but in football I'd prefer to pass with my left foot too. I have to shoot with my right really though. I don't get it myself.
    You sound like you're avoiding the issue if taking steroids?!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Did you read the post you linked to? He died at the ripe old age of 22 from a heart attack.

From Wikipedia:
    Alleged steroid abuse

On 14 July 2011, Shavershian's brother Said was arrested for possession of anabolic steroids,[8] to which after Aziz's death he pleaded guilty.[1][24] The Sydney Morning Herald covered the case, and included a photo of Aziz.[8] Aziz objected to the use of his picture to illustrate what was essentially an article on the misuse of anabolic steroids.[9]
    When asked by The Daily Telegraph, Aziz denied ever using steroids, and claimed that his body shape was due to hard work in the gym and a strict diet.[22] According to The Sydney Morning Herald, the company which employed Aziz as a stripper maintained that he was a lovely guy, "aside from the steroids".[25] Shavershian often used phrases such as "riding bicycles" that according to The Daily Telegraph is "gym slang for using a cycle of steroids".[14]
    Personally I'd prefer to keep the figure I have now and live to see my fortieth birthday.

Eh?

Its still real muscle. You don't take orals and injectables then get henched over night
    Are you for real????? Is the fake tan they put on real?? Are they really the tough guys they wanna think they are??

• Registered Users Posts: 16 skate1968

Hi,

I was never really all that muscular but i did lift many years ago.

And what i noticed that was my gym muscles were less practical.

Meaning that i was friendly with guys who were contractors. And i could bench press more than them. But when i helped them move things -- sofas, big tables, etc -- they were MUCH stronger than myself. In other words if we weren't lifting perfectly balanced weights with a bar to grip then THEY were stronger than I.

Just thought i'd add.

regards

S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

It's good that he was juicing. Freshly squeezed orange juice is a lot healthier than drinking those cartons of juice with all that added sugar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Are you for real????? Is the fake tan they put on real?? Are they really the tough guys they wanna think they are??

Eh? By that logic you could take a heap of steroids and expect to get bigger muscles by doing nothing.

When you take steroids you still need to work and lift to build muscle like you would if you weren't on them, you can just build it faster, can lift more and gain faster in a shorter amount of time because of the rush of hormones.

There's nothing 'fake' about the muscle at all

You sound like you're avoiding the issue if taking steroids?!!!!
    I've never taken steroids. I probably never will. The alcohol is putting my heart under enough pressure as it is. :(

skate1968 wrote: »
    Hi,

I was never really all that muscular but i did lift many years ago.

And what i noticed that was my gym muscles were less practical.

Meaning that i was friendly with guys who were contractors. And i could bench press more than them. But when i helped them move things -- sofas, big tables, etc -- they were MUCH stronger than myself. In other words if we weren't lifting perfectly balanced weights with a bar to grip then THEY were stronger than I.

Just thought i'd add.

regards

S
    That's the difference between a bodybuilder and a strongman (ie.strongman completions)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Did a dirty roider steal your girlfriend or something? :pac:

Ha ha was waiting did for something like that!! No I'm from an MMA background. I train with REAL tough guys. Every other week a muscle man walks in his tight TShirt thinking he's the ****. Probably weighs 120 kg. goes up against a guy 65-70 kg( almost half his weight ) and gets humiliated by the smaller guy. He does be in total shock that his big fake muscles let him down. Needles to say Mr. Jersey shore isn't seen again. He'd rather walk around the clubs with his group of smaller( but wannabe followers ) and thrive off their admiration that he's a tough guy. At he same time he's wearing an mma TShirt which is hilarious lol

• Advertisement

Give your belly a rub from me :D

Even if someone is on the juice they still need to put a lot of effort in (actually it depends on what you read).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭miss_shadow

Channing Tatum anyone nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Ha ha was waiting did for something like that!! No I'm from an MMA background. I train with REAL tough guys. Every other week a muscle man walks in his tight TShirt thinking he's the ****. Probably weighs 120 kg. goes up against a guy 65-70 kg( almost half his weight ) and gets humiliated by the smaller guy. He does be in total shock that his big fake muscles let him down. Needles to say Mr. Jersey shore isn't seen again. He'd rather walk around the clubs with his group of smaller( but wannabe followers ) and thrive off their admiration that he's a tough guy. At he same time he's wearing an mma TShirt which is hilarious lol

MMA has PEDs in it as well. Of course a bodybuilder would get destroyed. They train for hypertrophy, not power and would lack tekkers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,147 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wait til the women get with a man like that and they'll see how much time/effort it takes to remain in that shape. No attention will be given to her lol

Wait til the women get with a man like that and they'll see how much time/effort it takes to remain in that shape. No attention will be given to her lol
    I'm sure they spend as much time in the gym as they do in the mirror

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Muscle boys just scream narsasistic queens to me

efb wrote: »
    Muscle boys just scream narsasistic queens to me
    Zyzz was very self assured though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

This thread has lost the run of itself.
    I need cornflakes or something...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,687 ✭✭✭blacklilly

I've a few good friends that are body builders, two In particular are big into it, one carries it off well and it suits him, the other looks like a meet head and I've yet to meet one girl that finds him attractive. He is a good looking gut but far too muscular.
    It's nice to be fit and healthy and yes some women do like muscles but just as many like skinny men. Preferably I'd prefer a Rugby player build, its more natural looking

I'd like to work on my body and get it bigger. I wouldn't like to be bodybuilder big, more broad with lean muscle and built stronger/more athletic.

Couldn't give a feck who finds it attractive as long as I do tbh, but I do think many people find fitness attractive. Maybe not built massively muscular but generally fit.

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    I do think many people find fitness attractive.

+1
    A lot of the attraction comes from the percieved image of health and strength that comes with a muscular body.
    Knowing that someone gives a damn about their health, eats well and is fit and strong is always going to be attractive to the opposite sex, whether male or female.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭Doc Ruby

Sauve wrote: »
    Knowing that someone gives a damn about their health, eats well and is fit and strong is always going to be attractive to the opposite sex, whether male or female.
    That's why I'm attracted to fit women, it shows discipline and mental strength, a focus and determination that stands head and shoulders above the rest. The ability to crack a walnut between their cheeks is just an added bonus.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Dont roid heads have really small willies????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

+1
    A lot of the attraction comes from the percieved image of health and strength that comes with a muscular body.

I agree.

As an extension to this I think that there is a widely held perception of unhealthy lifestyle attached to bodybuilding, rightly or wrongly. A perception that serious bodybuilders don't live an overall healthy lifestyle. And I think this adds to the fact that many many people (women and men) say they don't find it attractive, even though they find fit and sporty people very attractive.

On a personal level that guy in the picture is very unattractive to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

On a personal level that guy in the picture is very unattractive to me.

Poor Teddy.

Doc Ruby wrote: »
    That's why I'm attracted to fit women, it shows discipline and mental strength, a focus and determination that stands head and shoulders above the rest. The ability to crack a walnut between their cheeks is just an added bonus.

True. I forgot about the mental bit, which is obviously equally important. If someone spends a lot of time exercising and energy looking after themselves, theyre simply going to have a whole different mindset to somebody who isn't that bothered.
    So it is a lot more than looks, but it's the 'walnut' look that gives the rest away :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,739 ✭✭✭✭starbelgrade

Zyzz was very self assured though.

He looks like the Zoolander version of Rocky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

He looks like the Zoolander version of Rocky.

He probably made them look like a pair of geniuses too.

+1
    You forgot same sex there too bud :D:p
    Doc Ruby wrote: »
    The ability to crack a walnut between their cheeks is just an added bonus.
    Kinkeh :pac:
    That myth that steroids makes your penis smaller isn't true.

It's only the perception that they're smaller. Look at a guy who's very lean and thin and then look at massively built bodybuilder, granted if they're endowed at the same level, the thinner and less built guy will look like he has a larger penis in proportion to the rest of his body in comparison to the bodybuilder.

Likewise, very tall men will look less endowed than much shorter guys even if they've the same sized penis.

• Advertisement

1ZRed wrote: »
    You forgot same sex there too bud :D:p

I did too. Should have read 'attractive to the, uh, attractive sex?' Help! :p

The balls shrink. They come back though.
    Poor Teddy.
    I need a makeover! :( Maybe a boardsies could get me dolled up or something...

Zyzz is a hottie though.

I need a makeover! :( Maybe a boardsies could get me dolled up or something...

Zyzz is a hottie though.

No way! I'd much prefer a man with a waistcoat and pocketwatch! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

I strive to have a body like Zyzz, but a girl told me she didn't find him attractive.

Is this a common thing or is she crazy.

It's common for a girl to lie about this and then the first thing she will do while drunk on holidays is get straight with the kinda guy she says she doesn't find attractive all a load of bull!!!

If a woman is attractive she's attractive all men will find her attractive maybe not the women you would marry but still attractive.

It's the exact same with woman if a man is attractive he's attractive if they say they don't find him attractive it's just bull!! If your around women a lot you get used to this kinda thing.

otto_26 wrote: »
    It's common for a girl to lie about this and then the first thing she will do while drunk on holidays is get straight with the kinda guy she says she doesn't find attractive all a load of bull!!!

If a woman is attractive she's attractive all men will find her attractive maybe not the women you would marry but still attractive.

It's the exact same with woman if a man is attractive he's attractive if they say they don't find him attractive it's just bull!! If your around women a lot you get used to this kinda thing.

What a crock of sh!t

otto_26 wrote: »

Ah here. That line is pure gold.... :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭sxt

I strive to have a body like Zyzz, but a girl told me she didn't find him attractive.1287002414677.jpg&w=502&h=799&ei=YjnOUJedLIOBhQfR9YC4DQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=1063&vpy=224&dur=1101&hovh=283&hovw=178&tx=143&ty=171&sig=104828751219392095294&page=1&tbnh=139&tbnw=85&start=0&ndsp=27&ved=1t:429,r:18,s:0,i:139

Is this a common thing or is she crazy.

If you look like the son of Zeus and have the dedication to get a body like the brother of Hercules , the girls will be mirin ! and if they say any different - they are lying and jelly :D

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭otto_26

Ah here. That line is pure gold.... :pac:

Glad you liked!! :D

No way! I'd much prefer a man with a waistcoat and pocketwatch! :eek:
    I just got it :o

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

I just got it :o
    Dude did you bench your target . Im glad you got it man. Cans of tuna on me

Dude did you bench your target . Im glad you got it man. Cans of tuna on me