Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xmas work parties

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭somefeen

if I worked in the office I'd probably refuse to go, ask the lads in the yard what the crack is and join in with their party.

Parties thrown to spite people are always un-****ing-believable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

singasong wrote: »
    we got holidays today ,only got 2 weeks pay and they don`t want us back until the 12th,office back on the 5th

That a nearly 3 week shut down would you not be entitled to clam unemployment benefit if the place is shut that long, they sound like a very mean and rather old-fashioned in this day and age, unless ye made eejits of yourselves one year on a Christmas night out.

My husband once worked in a situation where all the engineers were taken our for a fancy meal and drinks and the rest were given money and told to buy themselves a few drinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,630 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

2014 and still the same,the office staff are having their party friday night in the park house. The 8 lads outside are going home with nothing..

Whey don't ye all got the bar in the hotel and embarrass the hell out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 singasong

Lucky you, thats a nice long break.

Any jobs going there?

are you any good sweeping,no work that is why they want us too stay home an extra week, not for our benefit

[QUOTE=mariaalice;93, unless ye made eejits of yourselves one year on a Christmas night out.

we were never at a christmas night out too make eejits of ourselves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Xmas work parties = forced together with a lot of people you frankly hate and thinking that some alcohol will grease the joints and people will get on. Went to 2 before, never again. Thats what your real mates are for!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Irishcrx

I'm sorry but do you have a first class ticket sir??....Ohhhhh....Well I'm afraid you'll have to take off gentlemen, this is first class only...

Xmas work parties = forced together with a lot of people you frankly hate and thinking that some alcohol will grease the joints and people will get on. Went to 2 before, never again. Thats what your real mates are for!

i know what you mean, its just the principal they could offer us a few euro if they didn't want too be seen out with us

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

Is there any chance that is a kind of voluntary social gathering for the office folks and its out of their own pocket?

• Advertisement

dirtyden wrote: »
    Is there any chance that is a kind of voluntary social gathering for the office folks and its out of their own pocket?

NOOOOOOO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭dirtyden

NOOOOOOO

Fair enough, poor form then.

Advertisement