Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Dingle Peninsula - broadband availability?

• 16-12-2012 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hello guys!

I plan to move from Germany to the Dingle peninsula next year to live there permanently. Is there any wired broadband available (dsl, cable, fibre, ...) anywhere on the peninsula? Bandwidth is not that important, but should be a few MBits, the more the better of course ;)
    More importantly i need a reliable line for permanent VPN and VOIP connections.

Thank you for any insights and recommendations!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭bealtine

Phybe wrote: »
    Hello guys!

I plan to move from Germany to the Dingle peninsula next year to live there permanently.

Depends very much on where in Dingle, I'm not sure how many exchanges on the peninsula have been enabled for DSL...

You could always try http://www.kerrybroadband.ie/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

Or, if you don't get any more replies here, try googling a few Pubs or shops in the area where you may be relocating(just google the village and you should get some business results).
    you can then input their phone number into most of the Irish fixed line BB sites, and they will let you know what BB services are available in that locality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

mgbgt1978 wrote: »
    Or, if you don't get any more replies here, try googling a few Pubs or shops in the area where you may be relocating(just google the village and you should get some business results).
    you can then input their phone number into most of the Irish fixed line BB sites, and they will let you know what BB services are available in that locality.

That might not work as a general rule.
    It would probably depend on what part of the peninsula you're on.

Morse code might be more suitable though :D I'm just envious.....its a lovely spot.... I proposed to my wife down there :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭mgbgt1978

That might not work as a general rule.
    It would probably depend on what part of the peninsula you're on.

Which is why I suggested the OP search for businesses in the area which they are thinking of moving to. i.e. nearest village, not the whole peninsula.
    Also OP if search the online Eircom phone book just using a townland name (most "houses for sale" sites will give the address of the house you are interested in) you could then see if the phone numbers within that area are BB enabled.

Advertisement