Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Starting Gym Equipment Website (Insurance)

Options
  • 16-12-2012 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

I'm about to set up a website which offers different types gym equipment to customers. There's nothing overly unique about it but the prices are good. It will be run solely online and I will not have a showroom or anything. People buy online and receive the equipment the next day by courier. Does this require me to have any sort of insurance? No one will be entering my property so I am more worried about the fact that someone may get hurt using the product they bought off me. Can I be help responsible then and do I need some sort of protection?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

There's a poster here called Mickk

Owned exactly the type of company you are describing

And a regular poster in this forum

Sure send a friendly pm

• Registered Users Posts: 20 gymaster

okay thanks mikemac1. if anyone else has any knowledge, i'd love to hear!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

gymaster wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm about to set up a website which offers different types gym equipment to customers. There's nothing overly unique about it but the prices are good. It will be run solely online and I will not have a showroom or anything. People buy online and receive the equipment the next day by courier. Does this require me to have any sort of insurance? No one will be entering my property so I am more worried about the fact that someone may get hurt using the product they bought off me. Can I be help responsible then and do I need some sort of protection?

Firstly your terms and conditions of business should seek to put the onus on the buyer to establish the suitability of any product for their own use purposes. I would suggest you copy the t&cs if one of the big players in this online trade.

You should establish if your suppliers have product liability insurance cover in place and that should cover you. If not, it could be very expensive to buy your own cover. Being a Ltd company would certainly limit the level exposure too.

Cheers

Peter

Advertisement