Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1.5-2 years quilted sleepsuits

Options
  • 17-12-2012 1:23am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭

Long shot, but does anyone know of anywhere that does 2.5 tog quilted sleepsuits for 1.5 years+?

My 16 month old is growing out of his 12-18 month Mothercare "Made With Love" ones, and he's not a big fan of / not good with (he's a spinner) blankets. I reckon we'll just have to figure it out between us over xmas, but I'd prefer to avoid it if possible because of the cold, and because no. 2'll be along soon and I'm trying to minimise change.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

We get ours here.

http://www.thedreambag.ie/

edit to add... I actually find those ones on dreambag a bit fiddly compared to the ikea ones which we used when she was smaller. The dreambag ones have fasteners at the shoulders, and the zip could be a bit stronger. They are perfectly functional, but just not as good as the other design. The ikea ones were great, no buttons or fasteners, just the the zip which fastened at the bottom for easy nappy changes without taking them out of it. I much preferred them, but they only go to 18 months. Not sure what the mothercare design is like, so can't compare to those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

TK maxx has loads of sleep-bags.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sleepsuits as per title please, not sleepbags.

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Saw them in next recently ... They had girls not sure off they had boys ...

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

Sorry just re-reading ur post ... I think next only went to 12-18 months.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

Sorry about that, all those names are really silly, they should just call them pyjamas, sleeping bags etc... I get confused!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 13,425 ✭✭✭✭Ginny

Mothercare have a Christmas one in stock at the moment.

Can you clarify what you mean by a sleepsuit if it's not the bag? Sleepsuit is what we call those.

I am trying to guess, Is it a big padded babygro/onesie or something similar that are usually used for outdoors in buggies?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Gee_G

pwurple wrote: »
    Can you clarify what you mean by a sleepsuit if it's not the bag? Sleepsuit is what we call those.

I am trying to guess, Is it a big padded babygro/onesie or something similar that are usually used for outdoors in buggies?
    If it's the Same one's I had, they are exactly what it says in the title, quilted sleepsuit. Quilted babygro.They are not for outdoor use, they are pyjamas. I got some for my man in Heatons when he was born, but can't find them anywhere now!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

+1 on TK maxx - we've got 4/5 of them there in the last few months

• Advertisement

Seriously folks, "sleepsuit". Suit. I don't know what kind of suit ye'd be wearing, but ye must fall over every 2 minutes!

This is what a sleepsuit looks like. It's a thick onesie, for sleeping without covers or multiple layers. They're the bees knees.

1fc1c1c2db5852e08ffc380475e2633607ba68548973a00967fad76396ca1df1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

dahamsta wrote: »
    Seriously folks, "sleepsuit". Suit. I don't know what kind of suit ye'd be wearing, but ye must fall over every 2 minutes!

This is what a sleepsuit looks like. It's a thick onesie, for sleeping without covers or multiple layers. They're the bees knees.

I have never seem such amazing creations!!!!!!!! I much prefer that than the gro bag and regular onesie!
    Altho - do they crawl around a lot in the cot in them? On that note does the incessant crawling stop eventually..... She's barely lying down and she's up crying trying to crawl!

Ahhh gotcha, I would call that a thick fleecy babygrow. :)

Those are tricky to get in that size alright. They just tend to go to the 18 months in Dunnes and Debenhams. Next have them online in their childrens range, but for the older children they don't have the feet covered. They go up to 18 months in the baby range, and then 2-3 is the smallest little boy size, so you would go for that I guess. Be prepared for bizaar hooded animal ones.
    Not sure this link will work:

http://www.nextdirect.com/ie/en/shopping/boys/nightwear/14/2?pid=843327&curr=eur&lang=en&country=ie&curr=EUR&returnurl=%2fsearch%3fp%3dQ%26lbc%3dnextdirect%26uid%3d757929858%26ts%3dcustom%26w%3d*%26af%3dgatt2%3a3%20%20cat%3a570%26isort%3dbst%26method%3dand%26view%3dlist%26nxtv%3d000%26nxti%3d0%26lang%3den%26country%3die%26curr%3dEUR&bct=%26quot%3bAll%20Items%26quot%3b%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bYounger%20Boys%26nbsp%3b%26gt%3b%26nbsp%3bAll%20In%20One

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭dublinlady

dahamsta wrote: »

By the by.... A sleep suit is what is written on all packs of regular onesies.... And the ones with the 2.5 tog as opposed to normal material are clearly rare - so stop slagging us .... The ignorant are now informed - and happily might I add!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Never seen them before either. Look pretty handy. Im using gro bag n cellular blankets but this looks handy also.

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

My mother swore by sleepsuits for all of us in the 70s and 80s. She never worried about us kicking our covers off as toddlers. There are pictures of me on Christmas morning 1980 wearing a very fetching turquoise one :)

OP - my mother just sent one over to me that she got in Next. It's 12-18 months, but I'm not sure if there were bigger sizes available. Have you looked online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 lilbabs

They have some red Christmas ones in mothercare reduced to €10. The size on the tag says they go up to 36 months but didn't see any big ones in blanchardstown yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭bstar

If you get really stuck in future Carters in the states sell them up to age 7. on the website they just call them 1 piece sleepers but they are rated to about 2 togs and say blanket sleepers when you get them in person or the shop. They deliver to Ireland aswell, and include customs in prices so you dont get a bill at the end.
    http://www.carters.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

I saw these in dunnes today if anyone is still looking, not Christmas ones just generic and they went in a range of sizes from 6 months to 2-3 years

Just to confirm, these are quilted sleepsuits, not standard ones and not grobags?

• Advertisement

I took a better look when I was in again, they are thick and fleecey but there was no tog value written the label so maybe not what you are looking for after all :(
    I took a picture if you want to see it let me know I'll post it or PM it whatever's allowed :)
    Its called a "walk in sleeper" I think

Please do, post or PM, whichever suits. Appreciate it.

Here you go, hope this OK with the moderators!
    It has feet, there was only yellow in the bigger size but it's a very small Dunnes.
    I don't know if it is thick enough for what you want though.

Edit: BOOOOO I'm not allowed attach files :( either coz I'm on a tab or I don't have enough posts :(

Errah not to worry, I'll pop into Dunnes during the week, thanks anyway.

I think I saw those in dunnes. Definitely fleece, not quilted. But I am still confused about what dahamsta means by quilted, as the photos earlier in thread were fleece, not quilt, so it might be fleece he actually wants? Colour me mixed up. Anyway, in case it saves a trip to the shops, they are fleece.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

picture.php?albumid=2273&pictureid=14356

These are the ones in Dunnes, def fleece!

My sister in law is american and I have heard her call some sleepsuits 'quilted onsies'.

They are like a sleepsuit made out of really thin quilting. Heatons had them last year when I was hospital bag shopping, but only up to 9 months.

The seem like the sort of thing you get in LaRedoute.

http://www.laredoute.co.uk/vertbaudet-padded-all-in-one.htm?ProductId=702173109&t=3

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

hi. I'm looking for a sleep onesie if any sees them please let me know. for 18month boy size

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

The fleece ones from Dunnes are grand with cotton pjs and a vest underneath. Not as heavy as the quilted type, so you need an extra layer with them, but otherwise satisfactory. Only problem is they were sold out when I went back to the local branch to get another! Guess they'll be back soon with the cold weather.

By the way, thanks to everyone who took the time to recommend alternatives above; we're still getting nowhere with the blanket panic, so we'll end up trying all of them eventually!

Blanket Panic is of course a newly-recognised condition, to be published in the upcoming fifth edition of DSM.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MaxCharlie

hi. fleece body suit not an option cause of eczema so I need to keep as much cotton as possible.

Advertisement