Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RTE Guide Movie Quiz 2012

Options
  • 17-12-2012 3:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

This years quiz was fairly handy, thanks to Google but I'm stuck on Q18, Q19 and Q23. Also, I know that Q22 is one of the Lord of the Rings movies, but which one? Any help out there, or does anyone need any of the other answers?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭thefa

johnantmoo wrote: »
    This years quiz was fairly handy, thanks to Google but I'm stuck on Q18, Q19 and Q23. Also, I know that Q22 is one of the Lord of the Rings movies, but which one? Any help out there, or does anyone need any of the other answers?
    What is Q22?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 johnantmoo

Which Oscar-winning movie features a former Goonie, a future Bond baddie and two actresses who would go on to appear in Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire?

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Norma_Desmond

Which Oscar-winning movie features a former Goonie, a future Bond baddie and two actresses who would go on to appear in Breaking Bad and Boardwalk Empire?
    Would think it's No Country For Old Men, with Josh Brolin being the goonie & Bardem the Bond baddie. Need help with any others? Edit: Definitely NCFOM, Kelly McDonald is in Boardwalk Empire.

but Sean Astin is in Goonies, and Sean Bean was a Bond baddie. though I trolled the cast lists of both tv shows and could find no links to LOTR so you are probably right. Thanks. The others are picture questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

but Sean Astin is in Goonies, and Sean Bean was a Bond baddie. though I trolled the cast lists of both tv shows and could find no links to LOTR so you are probably right. Thanks. The others are picture questions.

Definitely right - the Bond villain was a future one, Sean Bean was one in the 90s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭roanoke

Tess Harper would complete Q22 (appeared in NCFOM and Breaking Bad)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gaaman1

18: George Gaynes
    19: Merlot
    23: Wise Blood

I'm stuck on Q's 6 8 9 and 29. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,688 ✭✭✭brian_t

Gaaman1 wrote: »
    18: George Gaynes
    23: Wise Blood

I'm stuck on Q's 6 8 9 and 29. Some help would be greatly appreciated.

Q.6 Mark Ruffalo http://technorati.com/entertainment/film/article/mark-ruffalo-feels-ed-norton-bequeathed/

I have them all now except Q9. Who is that a photo of. My initial reaction was Michelle Williams but not sure enough to put it down.

It's definitely Michelle Williams. I don't have the answers you are missing with me right now, but will post them later.

• Advertisement

I have all the rest. Cheers mate
    It's definitely Michelle Williams. I don't have the answers you are missing with me right now, but will post them later.

Q6 Mark Ruffalo
    Q7 Layer Cake
    Q8 Alfonso Cuaron, Mike Newell
    Q29 Red Rum

Not sure about George Gaynes. That's the actor who played Commandant Lassard in Police Academy. That doesn't look like him in the picture.

I reckon it's Geirge Gaynes alright. Who were you thinking it is.
    Not sure about George Gaynes. That's the actor who played Commandant Lassard in Police Academy. That doesn't look like him in the picture.

Q 18 William Demarest

hope-ball-demarest-sorrowful_opt.jpg

I'm assuming Q4 is Walter Matthau in The Fortune Cookie.

Kevin Kline, A Fish Called Wanda

What did you get for question 12 - why was Paul banned from the supermarket?

The Fortune Cookie was Jack Lemmon.
    ZombieMed wrote: »
    What did you get for question 12 - why was Paul banned from the supermarket?

for feelin Bread. (Google it !)

• Advertisement

brian_t wrote: »
    Q 18 William Demarest

The film by the way is "Sorrowful Jones" 1949 http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0041902/

• Registered Users Posts: 1 cathy1964

RTE GUIDE MOVIE QUIZ 2012.Im stuck on q21 please help

cathy1964 wrote: »
    RTE GUIDE MOVIE QUIZ 2012.Im stuck on q21 please help

Julian Fellowes, Hugh Bonneville and Brendan Coyle have all appeared in the James Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120347/fullcredits#cast

Does this count as a Blockbuster movie though ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

brian_t wrote: »
    Julian Fellowes, Hugh Bonneville and Brendan Coyle have all appeared in the James Bond film "Tomorrow Never Dies"

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120347/fullcredits#cast

Brendan Coyle is hardly a "lead actor" in Downton Abbey.

exaisle wrote: »
    Brendan Coyle is hardly a "lead actor" in Downton Abbey.

Ok so what answer did others come up with ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 SligoA

Answer to question 18 is William Demarest and actress in q 9 is Tuesday Weld

Q4 is Kevin Kline for A Fish Called Wanda

What is answer to Q19?

SligoA wrote: »
    What is answer to Q19?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 ruth12345

what is the answer to question 3??!!