Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

j1 2013 (Boston)

Options
  • 17-12-2012 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi guys
    Just wondering has anyone heard about j1's in Boston. I'm currently torn between Boston (as I'd be with a larger crowd going there) or Myrtle beach (as its supposed to be very lively there). I've heard stories about Boston being a great j1 spot from a couple of older people.. but I dont really hear much about it from people around my own age (21)

Do any of you know about accommodation /work prospects in Boston, aswell as nightlife. I'm hearing good things about Myrtle beach already, although im worried that because so many irish are headng there this year, work could be tough to find.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1 kennberr

my housemate was in boston last year, and theres a group of 4-5 of us going there next year. he said jobs were fine, and that they were in a block where there were Irish all around them. He said the locals loved the irish.. anyone thats going to boston can pm me please? hope thats of some help

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Bella xx

Hey im in the same boat heading over to boston this summer for a j1,havnt a clue where to start looking if anyone could recommend a place would really appreciate it! thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 12 gaaboy

Hi guys.. I know quite a few of you have already contacted me regarding Myrtle Beach J1 2013 but if you havent and are thinking of heading there for summer 2013 please contact me at conorkeane@hotmail.com. We intend running the apartment/accommodation block for the Irish students again this year. If interested please let me know when you can so we can have some idea regarding the size of apartments that we will require this year again. Also we will provide you with as much info as we can regarding life in Myrtle Beach,finding work,nightlife etc...Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 niamheng

Ello ello,

Just wanted to link you guys this, it's a Facebook group I set up for us peeps who are going to Boston summer 2013 so that we can organise house sharing and any information we get regarding jobs and whatnot.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/398405610255254/

Feel free to join...the more, the merrier :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21 tomlad123

Its an amazing spot! Rent isn't cheap. I would recommend the brighton/allston area

• Advertisement
Advertisement