Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PDE UCD 2013 - Job Opportunities after

Options
  • 17-12-2012 8:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All.
    I have recently applied to do a PDE in UCD starting Sept 2013. I have done a degree in Town Planning and a Masters in a related Planning subject. I graduated from my Msc in 2010 and found it impossible to get a job in a related field. Since then I have moved to Australia where I have still found it almost impossible to get work in Planning (due to no experience) I have a TEFL qualification and always enjoyed teaching during summers off from College so decided I'd give it a go and believe I'd be good at it.

Only thing is I'm afraid that when I come home and after the PDE i'll face the same challenge of finding a job. Its taken 5 years to do my Bsc & Msc and I'm afraid after another year and another qualification (and another loan :() ill still be no better off. I've been in Australia 9months now and my partner has gained sponsorship to allow us stay another 4years.. He will give that up to come back with me if I get into this PDE so alot is at stake. I'm currently working in a call center!:eek: Ps. My main teaching subject would be Geography...

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,815 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Try asking in our Work & Jobs forum HERE.

Advertisement