Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What happened to Indie At Home ?

Options
  • 17-12-2012 11:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭

Went to order the weekend and was told it was no longer operating.

Pity as it was a decent spot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46 willfer

Funny that, i was going to post the exact same question over the weekend.
    I loved the food out of there, one of the better Indian's around! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Oh that's a pity. I suspect it was price-related, their food was quite a bit more expensive than the other Indian options (though well worth it IMO)

I ordered from the Delhi Darbar instead that evening, food was quite nice but no free poppadoms which i had become accustomed to!! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

willfer wrote: »
    I ordered from the Delhi Darbar instead that evening, food was quite nice but no free poppadoms which i had become accustomed to!! :)

shimla still gives out free poppadoms

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

You should try Tanjore Palace in Tyrrelstown. They have a huge menu and are very good value. They do specials all the time and you will be bursting at the seams or a tenner!Rice is free too.

• Advertisement

I had been ordering from Tanjore Palace for a few months but never again after last night. Placed my order. 70 minutes later I called and was told they were about to call me to apologise. My order would be 25 more minutes, 40 minutes later I called again and was told the driver was on the way. In total my order took 2 hours and 10 minutes to arrive and when it did, it was cold. They didn't charge me in the end but if they think I'll ever order from them again they are totally mistaken :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

I use this crowd. Their food is good.

http://www.just-eat.ie/restaurants-spiceheaven/menu

The Thai garden has a new home delivery served based in Coolmine, has it on friday night and was very good

oblivious wrote: »
    The Thai garden has a new home delivery served based in Coolmine, has it on friday night and was very good
    But that's Thai food? This thread is about Indian food?

athtrasna wrote: »

Woops !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

I though it was about Indie at Home :)

Not Indian food but what happened to Hungry Chicken? That Kebab deal was fantastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

dojojoe, they're back open again... ordered from them last night and the kebab deal is just as amazing as ever, nyom.

January wrote: »
    dojojoe, they're back open again... ordered from them last night and the kebab deal is just as amazing as ever, nyom.

Best news I've heard all day!

Pat Dunne wrote: »
    I though it was about Indie at Home :)

touché :D

It kinda became about Indian food as those of who who used Indie at Home sought decent Indian food in the area.

Will try Spice Heaven next time, certainly not going back to Tanjore Palace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Curry Fusion is good too and they do a deal where you get two starters, two main courses, rice, naan, poppadoms and drinks for 25 euro I think.

Try the Delhi Darbar, has never let me down and they deliver in about 30 minutes normally. They do a special also; Vegetable Pakora, Any Main (except Prawn), Boiled Rice or Naan, and a can of soft drink for €10.95.

January wrote: »
    Curry Fusion is good too and they do a deal where you get two starters, two main courses, rice, naan, poppadoms and drinks for 25 euro I think.

+1 for curry fusion.

willfer wrote: »
    Try the Delhi Darbar, has never let me down and they deliver in about 30 minutes normally. They do a special also; Vegetable Pakora, Any Main (except Prawn), Boiled Rice or Naan, and a can of soft drink for €10.95.

Tried this tonight and was very disappointed. I ordered a chicken madras with garlic naan. The madras was very sweet and not at all hot. The chicken was really bad quality too and not in the least like any chicken I've had before. The naan was sooooo greasy. Had a little of each and the rest went in the bin along with the menu. Oh how I miss Indie at Home!

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭5unflower

After Indie at Home closed down we started to get our take away from the Let's Eat In crowd in Coolmine. They have their own website but are also on justest.ie. Even though they are one of these places that does all the different ethnic foods (Chinese, Thai, Indian and Italian) their Indian food is by far the best, I assume their main chefs might be trained in Indian cooking. I would even say that I find their stuff nicer than Indie at Home ever was...

• Advertisement

5unflower wrote: »
    After Indie at Home closed down we started to get our take away from the Let's Eat In crowd in Coolmine. They have their own website but are also on justest.ie. Even though they are one of these places that does all the different ethnic foods (Chinese, Thai, Indian and Italian) their Indian food is by far the best, I assume their main chefs might be trained in Indian cooking. I would even say that I find their stuff nicer than Indie at Home ever was...

Haven't ordered from there recently but the last time I did, the curries arrived with 1cm or more of oil sitting on top. Have avoided them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭mydingaling

Haven't ordered from there recently but the last time I did, the curries arrived with 1cm or more of oil sitting on top. Have avoided them since.

If the oil separates like that then all the better! It means you can pour it off.

Hey @athtrasna, have you tried this place? http://www.digitalrestaurant.ie/client/korma/

They do good specials, food is nice, and their portions are huuuuge 😋

Advertisement