Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Babysitting... Need ideas to have a fun night

Options
  • 17-12-2012 11:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hey. I currently hold the honour of being the Favourite Auntie to an 11 yr old girl, a 9 yr old boy and a 7 yr old boy. I have volunteered to babysit for them in their own home next Saturday night while their parents party.
    I really want to maintain my Favourite Auntie status, so I am looking for advice on how to make it a special night for all. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭MintyDoris

How about making decorations for the tree. Some dried pasta shapes, paint, glitter, wool, tinsel and toilet roll tubes

Baking

Movies and popcorn

Tents made out of sheets and cushions in the living room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭neemish

Pick out some Christmas books - how the grinch stole christmas is always a good one - and bring it along. You're never too old to be read to!

Would also go with the "cinema" night in with a good Cmas movie - Home alone, elf etc.

Dance around the kitchen to music.

Bring a favourite treat - ask Mom/Dad beforehand.

And of course, ignore the bedtime set by their parents (but be sensible if you don't want them bouncing off the walls at midnight - an hour extra works well)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭MrCreosote

To maintain your favourite Auntie status you'll have to do things that they wouldn't get to do with the parents!

So:
    crappy food, fizzy drinks (without caffeine!), movies that they mightn't normally be allowed watch (try The Goonies!), dangerous or scary games (not too dangerous), forget about bedtime

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

This was always me, until this year. Now have my own lil one to look after. I always brought up dvds, microwave pop corn, minerals and some sweets.
    Depending on the time you are baby sitting from we used to play the wii for a while first and then curl up on the couch and watch the dvd while enjoying some munchies.
    Mine are now 14, 12 and 8.
    Alot of the time the 8 yr old fell asleep when watching the movies so i would have to carry him up to bed.
    When the other two were younger i used to always get "awh i dont want to go to bed yet"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭CookieMonster.x

Hey. I currently hold the honour of being the Favourite Auntie to an 11 yr old girl, a 9 yr old boy and a 7 yr old boy. I have volunteered to babysit for them in their own home next Saturday night while their parents party.
    I really want to maintain my Favourite Auntie status, so I am looking for advice on how to make it a special night for all. Any ideas?
    I think baking would be really fun. You could make gingerbread and cut it in santa shapes, snowmen and tress etc and then ice them. You could maybe put on a movie after an eat them as the treat.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 14 myparenting101

Prepare some food so they can eat during story telling or you can teach them new songs then you can watch movie together. Make some decoration like you are in the movie house.

Advertisement