Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Ireland Credit Card

Options
  • 17-12-2012 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Sorry this is likely a very dumb question but I'm not sure so I have to ask it.

I've a credit card with the Bank of Ireland. It reached its expiry date (3 months ago). I recieved in the post a new Visa Debit card at the time. From reading my understanding is this has replaced my ATM card though and not my credit card? Is this correct?

My question is should I also have automatically recieved a new credit card as well? I've not to date and just not sure if I've misunderstood the visa debit card. I always had credit card paid off at the end of the month and have a 0 balance. I've got the CC linked to my internet banking and the balance is 0 so happy that its just not been issued. Who should I contact in relation to this?

To be honest I'm in the middle of saving for a mortgage so deliberately didn't chase this up at the time but its handy to have for emergencies which is why I'm asking.

Thanks for any help in relation to this.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Graham

Hi socco,

Thanks for your query. You're correct in saying the Visa Debit card has replaced your ATM/Laser card.

A replacement credit card is usually issued within two weeks of its expiry date. If you contact Credit Card Services on 1890 251 251, a representative will be happy to look into this for you.

If there's anything else we can help with, please don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks,
    Graham

Advertisement