Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Health insurance

Options
  • 17-12-2012 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,493 ✭✭✭✭

Health insurance, I have looked at he health information authority website and it is good but it is still a bit confusing.

I want to change from the Vhi I want to get a policy that is roughly equivalent to the old Vhi plan B plus and obviously I want to get the cheapest.

Glow health care seem to be the best value? but its not exactly the equivalent to Vhi plan B plus.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭caitrionaanne

You wont get same cover for cheaper anyway! why ya moving from vhi?? Im with them n find em good. Its always gonna be less cover if its cheaper no matter who your with. I wouldnt go with Glo anyway cos its too hard to judge a new comp that have never had to pay claims yet! They will end up being as expensive when they do!!! Im on one plan choice and find it had good cover for when ur in hospital anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 11,870 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

yes was just looking http://www.hia.ie/ci/health-insurance-comparison put your plan in and it gives back over a hundred results...?

we thought it would give back the results for equivalent plans, it gives some refinement options but still dealing with scores and scores of plans doesn't make it very easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭older i get better i was

You wont get same cover for cheaper anyway! why ya moving from vhi?? Im with them n find em good. Its always gonna be less cover if its cheaper no matter who your with. I wouldnt go with Glo anyway cos its too hard to judge a new comp that have never had to pay claims yet! They will end up being as expensive when they do!!! Im on one plan choice and find it had good cover for when ur in hospital anyway

thats the old scare them ****less so they won't change attitude, its rubbish, i found vhi very poor and tend to change every two years for best deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Bakemate

If you ring the HIA they'll talk you through your options and narrow it down for you. It's absolutely not true that paying less means you get less. There are plenty of plans out there with similar cover which costs less. Plan B Options is one of the most expensive plans on the market. You can halve that price by switching without losing benefits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

This is not true, VHI are extremely expensive and there are far cheaper similar policies on the market. I received great help from the HIA last week.

Claims do not effect prices either, it's true that VHI pay the most in claims due to the age of their policyholders but they receive compensation payments from a fund everybodys health insurance levy goes into.

• Advertisement
Advertisement