Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Concert date change

Options
  • 17-12-2012 1:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭

Hiya, hope you can all help me!

My mate got us both tickets to see Jessie J in March 2013, and I paid her back for my ticket in cash.

She received an email from Ticketmaster today, saying the concert has been changed to October 2013 instead of March.

I don't have any more information at the moment because I haven't seen the email, but would this be grounds to get a refund on the tickets? There is no way I'll be able to go on the new date, I won't be in the country!

Any info would be great, I know feck all about Ticketmaster's policies. :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Your friend should contact Ticketmaster
    Occasionally, events are cancelled or rescheduled by the promoter, team, band or venue. Should this occur, we would endeavour to contact you either by phone, e-mail or letter with the contact details you provide at the time of booking. To gain a refund on a cancelled or rescheduled event, tickets must be returned to the point of purchase by a secure method of post. Tickets purchased in person from a Ticketmaster ticket centre should be returned directely to the ticket centre for refund. All other tickets should be returned to the following address by a secure method of post:

TICKETMASTER
    Grafton House
    70 Grafton Street
    Dublin 2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

RangeR wrote: »

Thanks a million. :) She hasn't received the tickets yet, though, so there's nothing there to return to them. Any idea what to do in that situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

TM don't send out the tickets until a few weeks before event. Just get your friend to ring or email them and start the discussion. Prefer ringing. eMail can go ignored for a while.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Just contact them through the website, I did this and got a response within a day and all was sorted.

Thanks a million, really appreciate the fast responses. :)

Thank god for that! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Would it not just be easier for your mate to pay you back for the ticket?

If your mate is still going to be in the country could she not get someone else to go with her?

If she's only going to be trying to get a refund for one of the tickets rather than both it may create more hassle that it's worth.

Would it not just be easier for your mate to pay you back for the ticket?

If your mate is still going to be in the country could she not get someone else to go with her?

If she's only going to be trying to get a refund for one of the tickets rather than both it may create more hassle that it's worth.

Yeah, I suggested that to her, and she's trying to find somebody else to go with her, but she hasn't exactly got a lot of friends, and won't go with one of my mates, even though they all know and like her. I was only going in the first place because she wanted to, I hate that music. :pac:

I told her I'll let her sell it at a reduced price if she can find somebody by Friday, if not she's going to get a refund on both tickets.

Advertisement