Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband Portlaoise

Options
  • 17-12-2012 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭

Hi guys, enquiry something similar to the broadband in abbeyleix thread. Just bought a laptop and looking to see would anyone recommend decent broadband suppliers in portlaoise area and what the costs are? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,519 ✭✭✭Mike Guide 69

Thanks for the reply. Im based in forest park just past borris little area, so i dont know how that affects the signal for UPC. Its funny you should mention UPC as im a Sky subscriber and i read somewhere that Sky are looking to roll out a brodband service in 2013. My question(s) would be:

Would i be better off holding off till this service rolls out ands see what packages are available to existing sky customers?

Or if the UPC service isnt a viable option, what other providers are there that can provide a similar service? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Bicky

Sky should have launched Bb by now but keep putting it back. Think march is when they go live. Even then they may not have fibre optic cable laid in forest park or even portlaoise.
    You can type your address into the upc site and see if you can fit it there. I have 25m upc and it is blisteringly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Roaster

I'm in Portarlington and I contacted UPC about 3 weeks ago and I got the reply that they have no plan to roll out their service in Portarlington in the near future.

With regards to Sky BB, I've been reading this thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056821200and the impression I get is that you'll be getting a Sky router and that's it. There'll be no new fibre optic cable...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

If your area has access to UPC it's the best choice by far.

• Advertisement
Advertisement