Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HTC - good phones?

Options
  • 17-12-2012 2:12pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭

I am starting a new business next month so I am looking for a new mobile which is easy to download stuff, fast, reliable and quick to look at my gmail etc. I have been in to emobile and since I am an existing eircom customer, I am going to choice the €32 package which includes landline, broadband and unlimited mobile calls. Eircom pass on the sim and I buy the mobile. I saw one which I really liked - either HTC one or Desire X. I admit that I have always had Nokia but the new Lumia does not inspire me to be honest. Would anyone recommand HTC? Samsung also look good but the Galaxy Note 2 looks ridiculously big!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

I have the HTC One V and love it. I have always owned Nokias until my most recent Nokia Lumia 800 which although a good phone I did not like at all. I guess I just don't like the Windows operating system so HTC was completely new for me and it will be a long time before I return to Nokia. There is the HTC One V, One X or One S, all depends on how much you're wiling to spend on the phone. The HTC Desire X is about the same as the HTC One V but it is newer I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Thanks angeline. Great review. A lot of people are talking negativly about the Nokia Lumia which does not give off good vibes. Seems to be a bit of an own goal from Nokia

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭angeline

Well, I would imagine most people would say the Lumia 800 is a better phone than the HTC One V. It initially cost around €450 before O2 dropped it to over half the price and other networks folllowed. The only thing I would say is that you do say it is for a business phone so I wonder if you should consider either the HTC One X or S. They would be higher spec than the One V. My sister has HTC for years and she loves it too. It's a big difference to the operating system of the Lumia. Personally I would never get a Windows phone again.

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

From my experience I have found HTC to be very good phones. The batter life on all smart phones is bothersome and HTCs are no different, if you are using the phone throughout the day it wont last too late into the evening.

If you are providing the phone I would consider buying a second hand unlocked HTC. You can pick them a HTC sensation for under €100, it really depends on your price range. Its larger screen would make emails faster than the prepay phones you would otherwise be able to buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

micromary wrote: »
    Thanks angeline. Great review. A lot of people are talking negativly about the Nokia Lumia which does not give off good vibes. Seems to be a bit of an own goal from Nokia

Interesting. I hear a lot more negativity about android phones than i ever hear about Nokia Lumia 800 or iPhones.

I've used iOS, Windows Phone and Android. I'd rate them all in that order. For a business phone i'd definitely prefer iOS and WP7 over anything android. Just this week one of the girls here in work with a Galaxy S3 had to do a 'hard reset' because her phone went a little wonky. Not very confidence inspiring when it comes to using a phone for work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭JaManSnowFlake

iOS is very good but if you want to buy an iphone you will pay a premium over android

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 389 ✭✭micromary

Cheers guys. Certainly food for thought over the Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Rasmus

I've had two htcs but I plan on changing at my next upgrade. I have found both to have a short battery life which did not change by getting a better phone (htc sensation). It's a bit buggy but does the job for the most part - however this is not good enough to warrant a recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

I had a HTC Hero and was very impressed with it. When it came to upgrading my handset I chose to go with HTC again as the Hero had been such a great phone. I went with the One V and probably have it 12 months or so. It's a really lovely phone that has never given me a moments trouble. It's slick and easy to use. Emails are easy to read/compose and browsing the web is reasonably enjoyable (given the obvious limitations of a small screen).

Advertisement