Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Do you suffer from Roadrage? If so what pushes your buttons?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Old men and women still driving on their license which they got in 1955, never mind that they are half blind now and have the relfexes of a tortoise. They should either be made repeat a test after the age of 65, and if they pass get a test every 5 years but if they are shown to be dangerous or careless they should be put off the road for good.

Far too many elderly drivers out there who are still driving like its 1955 when only about 10 cars were on the road, and I have seen elderly drivers go so slow they ostruct traffic, never indicating, hitting the brake pedal ages before the light, turning one direction then changing their minds, squinting at the road and basically being a complete nuisance..

I also cant stand farmers who, when they are in town, park wherever they like, go through red lights and enter roundabouts without yielding, you are not on the farm anymore you idiots :mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I don't have a particular button more of a proximity detector. Just about everything annoys me about other drivers, going too slow, speeding up and slowing down again, weaving, lackadaisy take off at traffic lights. Anything that would indicate to me that the other driver isn't taking the driving of his car as seriously as me annoys me. I basically get in my car and start screaming blue bloody murder from the second I start the engine until the second I get out of the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

tunedout wrote: »
    Nothing worse than some pr*ck beeping at you at some complicated roundabout with many lanes early in the morning when you've a sore head and you're hungover as fu<k from the night before.

People obviously drink driving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭gustavo

The fact that I get annoyed by these things is more annoying than the things themselves

But I tend to get pissed off at people who don't indicate

Biggest offenders are people who are going straight through a roundabout and think they dont have to indicate on exiting.

Also "tailgaiting" - I tend to slow down real quick or let them pass me and give them the full beam for a while

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

People who turn off a roundabout after ive stopped the car to let them pass because they werent indicating .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

wrote:
    garancafan
    Regis
    1. People who suffer from roadrage
    2. People who use the terms "driving lane" and "overtaking lane".

are u frankie boyle?

u missed the boat kid.ur second joke was used ages ago in the thread.Is it still august in ur head

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭summerskin

sfwcork wrote: »
    are u frankie boyle?

u missed the boat kid.ur second joke was used ages ago in the thread.Is it still august in ur head

please stop using text speak, it's against the charter and annoying.

wrote:
    summerskin

please stop using text speak, it's against the charter and annoying.

You must be very easily annoyed.

If your going to critise somebody at least make sure your own is correct first.

Sentence should start with a capital letter

Must. Not. Point. Out. Numerous. Errors............

• Advertisement

If you're going to post, it makes sense to read the charter first and obey the rules, as most of us do. Text speak is annoying to 99% of people, which is why it is banned.

On topic: anyone that drives at least 20kmh under the legal limit sends me into fits of rage. If you don't feel comfortable driving at a decent speed, don't drive!

Are you a wannabe mod?

Are you a wannabe mod?

Nah, always been more of a rocker myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

summerskin wrote: »
    If you're going to post, it makes sense to read the charter first and obey the rules, as most of us do. Text speak is annoying to 99% of people, which is why it is banned.
    Wait until he finds out there's an entire forum for this sort of discussion!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭Princess Zelda

See this a lot from other drivers on M1 daily. Some insane people out there, risking life and limb for the sake of getting somewhere 4 minutes earlier.

Tailgaters get a quick flash of the rear fog lights, that usually backs them off.

Try not to get angry back, doesn't lead anywhere good and could put you in the rage for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭omega666

people who skip queues of traffic, drive right up to the front and stick on their indicator waiting for someone to let them in which some fool always seems to do. Ignorant prick*s

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

would it be better if they indicated first?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,893 ✭✭✭Hannibal Smith

omega666 wrote: »
    people who skip queues of traffic, drive right up to the front and stick on their indicator waiting for someone to let them in which some fool always seems to do. Ignorant prick*s
    yes!!! that is by far the most annoying this...and then look at you like you're in the wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

The one thing that really grinds my gears, and it happens a lot of evenings is the following:

Driving on the motorway with a speed limit of 120kph. The traffic in the left hand lane is going at approximately 80kph as it is 5pm and everyone heading home from work. I'm cruising along in the right hand lane at 120kph, which is the speed limit. This very unpleasant man flies up behind me in his Audi, I can see in rear view mirror that he was on his phone, and he turns the headlights on full, and leaves them on. True, there was a bit of space between me and the car in front, but I was at the speed limit and I cannot afford the points if I was caught. There was nowhere for me to pull into the left. He blew the horn a few times as well. Next thing, just as we are approaching a place where there is a gap in traffic in the left hand lane for me to pull in, after I indicated, he overtook me on the inside lane and sped off....

Thing is, I see now they are doing a clamp down on the poor Learner drivers with this 6 penalty points system and N plates, but what about the dangerous drivers that think that as they are in their 40s and can afford an 2012 Audi that the rules of the road don't apply to them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

**** drivers.

L-drivers get a ridiculous amount of stick. The majority of **** drivers or ones with full licenses who are just proper intimidating knobs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,776 ✭✭✭Noopti

More "parking rage"....but people who park across two spaces in a busy car park. There are the two types:

- Those who deliberately park across two spaces, so half the car in one space half in the other

- Those who just can't park for crap, and leave a foot of their car in the adjacent space.

Just don't give a crap about the other people who might actually want a parking space.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Also, since I've had my son, it drives me crazy when people take the designated spots for cars with baby/kids, and when they hop out you see that they have no kids. And I have to go and park at the far side of the carpark and walk in the rain with my baby!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,156 ✭✭✭Iwannahurl

Footpath parkers and footpath drivers infuriate me.

But maybe that's not road rage, technically?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,219 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

For the most part I'm OK on the road but I do find motorbikers to be a big danger to themselves and others.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

No, I don't get road rage. Many peoples' IQs drop by 40 points as soon as the they get into a car. Like the Internet, soon as you can't see the human in the box you do or say things that would never be acceptable face to face. For instance, I'm an L driver. Cars regularly undertake me even though I'm driving at or slightly above the speed limit. I've had cars undertake 100m before the lights, when they then had to screech to a stop to avoid hitting innocent pedestrians. All because they saw an L plate. Moronic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hick1sfm

EVERY1 ON THE ROAD PUSHES MY BUTTONS GGGGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

What I find crazy is that we are all expected to be good drivers. We are not. It's a skill. I passed my test but I am scared of driving, I am not good at it and I hate it so I choose not to drive. People with road-rage are part of why I don't even bother because they end up being the cause of a lot of accidents. When I was a learner in a school car I'd see people overtaking me in the most dangerous and in extremis way, raging pre-emptively!
    Anyway, 100% of my friends and family are trying to force me to get back on the road with 'what if there is an emergency' and I'm sick of it. I believe I'm a bad driver and I'm not getting behind the wheel, especially in an emergency!
    I have to add that some of these are roadragers themselves who would want me to die in a fire if they encountered me on the road!

• Administrators Posts: 54,110 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

People who aren't ready to go at traffic lights. There are traffic lights that only stay green for 10 seconds or so (but are red for ages, as it's usually a minor road turning on to a major road), and there is usually quite the queue of cars at them. People who take 3 or 4 seconds to move when the lights go green are incredibly annoying. Especially if you're not even the first car, if you're 5 cars back you have absolutely no excuse. This really irritates me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,733 ✭✭✭✭corktina

no I don't suffer from so just F RIGHT OFF....

• Site Banned Posts: 29 Nailin4Whales

Confab wrote: »
    No, I don't get road rage. Many peoples' IQs drop by 40 points as soon as the they get into a car. Like the Internet, soon as you can't see the human in the box you do or say things that would never be acceptable face to face. For instance, I'm an L driver. Cars regularly undertake me even though I'm driving at or slightly above the speed limit. I've had cars undertake 100m before the lights, when they then had to screech to a stop to avoid hitting innocent pedestrians. All because they saw an L plate. Moronic.

If everyone drove open-top cars you wouldn't see nearly the amount of road rage. People think they are invincible and manners don't apply when surrounded by a bit of sheet metal and a few panes of glass. Pity we only get a few days good weather a year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Cyclists on the road when there's designated cycle lanes they could be using. See it near the Blanchardstown Centre all the time.

Tailgaters. My new strategy is to drive verrry slowly and if that doesn't work, to tap the brakes once or twice.

People not indicating properly at roundabouts. Especially the geniuses (genii?) who indicate left but go straight. Had a very narrow miss in the Phoenix Park a few weeks ago.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

vitani wrote: »
    Tailgaters. to tap the brakes once or twice.

And when you've got them really enraged, make sure not to panic when they jump out of their cars at the lights and storm over to you for trying to cause and accident. Do you realise that if their car hits you, you will be to blame?

And when you've got them really enraged, make sure not to panic when they jump out of their cars at the lights and storm over to you for trying to cause and accident. Do you realise that if their car hits you, you will be to blame?

I tap the brakes so the brake light shows very briefly, but not long enough to actually slow down.

I rarely have to do it though, because driving slowly seems to work, in terms of them giving me space.

And it's not to 'enrage' them, it's so if I do have to actually brake suddenly, we're both going slow enough not to do much damage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,124 ✭✭✭coolbeans

Cyclists on the road when there's designated cycle lanes they could be using. See it near the Blanchardstown Centre all the time.
    Here we go...
    Allow me to enlighten you. The cycle lanes in this country are so dangerous, so badly designed and so utterly useless that they have essentially been deemed redundant by those who installed them in the first place i.e. the Government, who revoked the mandatory use requirement in a tacit acknowledgement of how unfit for purpose they really are. This was done in October via statutory instrument.
    Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

• Site Banned Posts: 638 ✭✭✭imurdaddy

I hate old people who stop the car in order to turn left . The car can move and turn at the same time .
    If Im hungover driving can make me very angry . I was close to ramming some fecker who had to reverse into a car parking space and hold up about twelve cars while proving he could do such a thing .
    Really I was going to ram him Id to count to ten and convince myself not to .
    Yes op I suffer from road rage sorry for the rant .

:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

It's called a speed limit not a speed target

coolbeans wrote: »
    Here we go...
    Allow me to enlighten you. The cycle lanes in this country are so dangerous, so badly designed and so utterly useless that they have essentially been deemed redundant by those who installed them in the first place i.e. the Government, who revoked the mandatory use requirement in a tacit acknowledgement of how unfit for purpose they really are. This was done in October via statutory instrument.
    Stick that in your pipe and smoke it.

Cheers. I feel very... enlightened... now.

I know most of the lanes in this country are useless. That's why I specifically mentioned the ones near the Blanchardstown Centre, which are not on the main road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

awec wrote: »
    People who aren't ready to go at traffic lights. There are traffic lights that only stay green for 10 seconds or so (but are red for ages, as it's usually a minor road turning on to a major road), and there is usually quite the queue of cars at them. People who take 3 or 4 seconds to move when the lights go green are incredibly annoying. Especially if you're not even the first car, if you're 5 cars back you have absolutely no excuse. This really irritates me.

I also hate people who expect you to take off the INSTANT a light goes from red to green, forgetting the fact that you could be on a hill with the handbrake down and it takes a second or two to pull it down and move off. You sound exactly like one of those impatient people to be honest..it takes more than a second to move off...most people arent at the head of a queue staring intently at the light, twitching with their hand on the handbrake, just waiting to please the motorist a few cars behind them by taking off at lightning speed :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭garancafan

are u frankie boyle?

I am not frankie boyle.
    I made no joke. My contribution could hardly be described as august.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭Conmaicne Mara

Relax, you'll all live longer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,810 ✭✭✭Calibos

Most incidents of stupidity I can deal with, with a mild 'Stupid cnut' under my breadth. The thing that gets me into a frothing rage is when I let someone out and they don't thank me with a wave or a flash of the hazards.....

You stupid self entitled ungrateful Cnuts!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

Taxi's really annoy me.

They don't even have to do anything, I just see them and I know they are doing something wrong.

They think that the sign on their roof means that they can randomly jam on or stop where they feel like it. They think its okay to block the road to pick people up. They think its okay to drive halfway between two lanes. There is no need to indicate, or stop at the white line at traffic lights (they aim to get as far across the road/around the corner as possible before the light changes)

When the yellow light is on (they have no passengers) they are speeding towards town, when the light is off and there is a passenger in the back they drive as slow as possible.

They also believe that the hazard lights on their car aren't hazard lights, their special, magical lights that allow them to stop anywhere.

I also noticed lately that more and more of them are driving with their full beams on in residential areas at night time.

They drive through roundabouts, not around them. They also seem to believe that there is no one else on the road around them.

They annoy me so much that when they do something to annoy me, I regularly get the urge to just plough my car into theirs - the only thing putting me off is that they would like that too much - just something else for him to complain about and then claim a fortune in injurys, and Im sure they would quickly change their tune about how much they earn, so they can claim that as loss of earnings.

Ugh . . . . If i could eliminate anything it would be taxi men, not just the profession, the actual people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I also hate people who expect you to take off the INSTANT a light goes from red to green, forgetting the fact that you could be on a hill with the handbrake down and it takes a second or two to pull it down and move off. You sound exactly like one of those impatient people to be honest..it takes more than a second to move off...most people arent at the head of a queue staring intently at the light, twitching with their hand on the handbrake, just waiting to please the motorist a few cars behind them by taking off at lightning speed :rolleyes:

YES THEY FCUKING ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You should be in first gear, hand on handbrake, and revving slightly if you are in the first 5 cars at a red light. What the fluck is wrong with some people?????????????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

Indecision does it for me. Drivers who crawl along not knowing whether to go left, right, forward or stop. Surely you knew where you were going when you started out????? The middle of the road is no place to decide where you might like to go for lunch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

Jeezy Creezy, people need to calm down. There are billions of people on the planet, millions in this country alone. The odds of them doing what you want and the way that you want is remote. Should they be more considerate? Absolutely. Most people will react with embarrassment when corrected in person, but with anger when corrected in a car. Best just letting it go I reckon. Safer too. If someone's behaving badly on the road, driving right up behind them is not the best place to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭CruelCoin

Yes.

1: People who indicate right to enter a roundabout.
    2: People who indicate right to take the second exit...
    3: Slow drivers. Sorry, if your brain perceives 50kmph on a dual carriageway as fast, then i doubt you have the mental capacity to react to a crisis situation.
    4: Pompous lollipop ladies.
    5: People who stick to the limit in the overtaking lane, blocking all others who wish to pass. You are not the police. Move over and leave me be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Why do cars have to regularly undertake you. Why are you in the overtaking lane if you are not overtaking???? It does not matter what speed you are going at if the cars can undertake you it means you are not overtaking anything and should be in the left lane.

The attitude that I am doing the speed limit so can sit in the overtaking lane is one of the behaviours on the road that frustrates and annoys me the most.

Anyhow Rant over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,899 ✭✭✭✭BBDBB

Me and the rest of the Middle Lane Owners Club would like to register our objection to the behaviour and language of the rest of you

Yes we do own the road, its ours, we just happen to let you drive on it as well out of the goodness of our hearts. Our 5 mile an hour below the designated speed limit may be an inconvenience to you, but so what, we are saving lives and saving fuel, thus protecting all our futures

So stop your horn honking and wild gesturing, we really arent interested in your foul mouthed abuse, get on with your own driving :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

there is a whole lot of giving out on this thread about indicators, it is probably a good thing that people don't use them in some instances because it makes drivers more attuned to the fact that the only thing that a blinking indicator signifies is the bulb is working. An indicator gives a hint to a drivers next move, it doesn't guarantee it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,184 ✭✭✭Gavlor

How about the fnuckin hunt followers parking their 4x4's on bends on Ireland's worst rural roads??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

That's why I specifically mentioned the ones near the Blanchardstown Centre, which are not on the main road.
    Littered with glass, people, sunken manhole covers, raised manhole covers and bus stops. If that wasn't enough discouragement, the entries to these lanes are frequently at roundabout, which makes them difficult to get to when navigating a roundabout in traffic.

• Advertisement
Advertisement