Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clement Faugier - Where To Get

Options
  • 17-12-2012 2:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭

Hi lads, does anyone know where i can pick up clement faugier (sweet chestnut spread) in dublin?

its kind of like nutella but is a premium variety of spread ideal for xmas chocolate logs which im making

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭Manuva

never heard of it.

try Fallon Byrne Foodhall on Exchequer street though, they might have it
    http://www.fallonandbyrne.com/section/103

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

IIRC, Avoca have had chestnut spread, as have Fallon & Byrne.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 585 ✭✭✭WildRosie

Not sure if it's the same thing but I got sweetened chestnut purée in Superquinn in Ballinteer. You could try The Gourmet Shop in Rathgar. I'd be surprised if he didn't have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

WildRosie wrote: »
    Not sure if it's the same thing but I got sweetened chestnut purée in Superquinn in Ballinteer. You could try The Gourmet Shop in Rathgar. I'd be surprised if he didn't have it.

thats it, thanks a million. ill drop into superquinn in rathgar tomorrow.

thanks for all the help folks

got it in the gourmet shop in rathgar earlier, pretty pricy but worth it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

Out of interest (I know this aint cooking & recipes), but what you planning on doing with it. I'm intrigued

Edit: Ignore me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

^^
    ideal for xmas chocolate logs which im making

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

^^

Long day in work, makes Mark dopey :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

By the way I spotted tins of this (chestnut purée) in Dunnes last night for €2.99. I'd never heard of it til I read this thread yesterday :D

MarkMc wrote: »
    Out of interest (I know this aint cooking & recipes), but what you planning on doing with it. I'm intrigued

Edit: Ignore me!!

ill elaborate, chocolate logs are nice with fresh cream and jam filling bit incredible with clement faugier chesnut spread. try it yourself with a normal xmas chocolate log recipe from the internet but substitute the filling with the chesnut.

• Advertisement

miamee wrote: »
    By the way I spotted tins of this (chestnut purée) in Dunnes last night for €2.99. I'd never heard of it til I read this thread yesterday :D

i asked in dunnes in arklow but the food manager looked at me like i had 2 heads, ill try rathmines tomorrow. €2.99 is a very good price. the gourmet shop was a lot more expensive than that

ended up getting loads more in rathgar today, too lazy to try dunnes in the swan. i felt like spending the day in the 108 after the cost of it:o

I think you'll probably only get it in the bigger supermarkets. The bigger Superquinns are probably your best chance. I got a 500g tin of Epicure puree for €2.79, not sure how that compares with what you paid.

WildRosie wrote: »
    I think you'll probably only get it in the bigger supermarkets. The bigger Superquinns are probably your best chance. I got a 500g tin of Epicure puree for €2.79, not sure how that compares with what you paid.

€3.75 for a 250g tin

€3.75 for a 250g tin

Ouch :(

Advertisement