Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to delete everything of laptop?

Options
  • 17-12-2012 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

I want to delete everything of my laptop (WIN7) and have it like the day I got it i.e nothing on it.

How do I go about doing this ?

I have no recovery disc btw.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

James__10 wrote: »
    I want to delete everything of my laptop (WIN7) and have it like the day I got it i.e nothing on it.

How do I go about doing this ?

I have no recovery disc btw.
    Make / model? is there a recovery partition on the hard drive.If you get a windows 7 disk reinstall windows with it using your key.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭James__10

mp22 wrote: »
    Make / model? is there a recovery partition on the hard drive.If you get a windows 7 disk reinstall windows with it using your key.

Hp Pavilion dv6

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

You need to reinstall windows. If you put the original windows 7 CD in and restart, you can chose to reinstall the os, you have to delete the current partition and create a new one and install again. It will delete everything and your computer should be like the day you bought it.

Let us know if you need more specific help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Advertisement