Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record/Vinyl Players

Options
  • 17-12-2012 3:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭

Anyone know off the top of their head if there is any place in Galway that sells record players and/or vinyl? I'm looking to get one for home use - not for dj'ing - but don't know where to begin to look. Any help/suggestions much appreciated.

Mods I'm assuming as this is a Galway request it is better here than over in other forums? Please move if necessary, sorry for any bother.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think they have turntables in Maplin or if you are ok with second hand there are some on adverts
    www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_Turntable/region-Connacht/
    www.adverts.ie/for-sale/music-instruments-equipment/Turntables/421/region-Connacht/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,037 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Thanks for the input Biko, never thought of Maplins. I've checked everywhere else but no joy. I'll try there tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭ValerieR

In Aldi yesterday http://aldi.ie/ie/html/offers/special_buys3_24942.htm

They might still have some somewhere

• Registered Users Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭inisboffin

Maybe the folks at Bell Book and Candle up by the Small Crane might have one or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm fairly sure a shop between Eddie Rocket's and Woodquay had them at one stage. Argos have a small selection too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭dropping_bombs

Does anybody know of anywhere that sells vinyl records in Galway?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Does anybody know of anywhere that sells vinyl records in Galway?
    Bell, Book & Candle has vinyl. Some other record shops might.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

HMV has vinyls of some newer stuff. Charlie Byrne's have some classical vinyl. Charity and second-hand shops often have some knocking around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 WeNeed Another General Election

biko wrote: »
    Bell, Book & Candle has vinyl.

+1 from me, I've picked up many the box of jems in here over the years :D

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Lon Dubh

I think Peter Murphys electrical in westside (near the Dunnes in Westisde) sell the record players. I was in there the other day for something else and I saw what looked like really nice record players.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭superglue

As has already been mentioned, you should be able to pick up a turntable in Maplin. They're quite readily available compared to a few years ago, so I'd imagine most good electrical shops would be worth a try.

In relation to vinyl, as well as having a second hand vinyl section, Bell Book & Candle also houses Wingnut Records. Wingnut sells vinyl and CDs, mainly by Irish groups/artists. I picked up some great stuff there throughout the year so I'd recommend giving them a try. Ray is the guy who runs it and is very approachable, as is Paul of BB&C.

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

Saw one in Lidl Tuam today

• Subscribers Posts: 171 ✭✭Night Falls

Yeah Bell Book and Candle is the best place really. Shockingly poor selection of shops for new stuff in Galway, has been for a good few years (since Mulligans closed really). FYI, keep an eye out for the bar boot sales in Bierhaus or Roisin Dubh, there's normally at least one person selling vinyl.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Argos maybe another spot to check for the USB ones. If its a older one your looking for adverts or donedeal are probably best.

Advertisement