Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flash of inspiration re idea

Options
  • 17-12-2012 3:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I was on my way back from lunch to my job less than an hour ago there, and I had one of those 'a-ha' moments....an idea for something so ridiculously simple, but which I don't think is out there. The reason I am confident it is not out there is because:

1) I would have seen it already
    2) I did some googling, and there is no sign of it - it is so obvious and such a handy solution to a problem that if there was a strongly branded product for it, then it would likely have just popped up

In any case, it would be something that would be very easy to make in its basic form, but it would certainly require a bit of innovation and fine-tuning as well, to make it as good as it could be for a first version.

In anticipation of the valid 'someone could easily copy it' point that someone is bound to make, it would actually be good if they did, as it would only back up the merits of the idea! Plus, this would all be about the branding, as well as targeting a specific sector (I automatically had one in mind).

So, just wondering about people's experiences in the area of working with a company / agency in prototyping a product? I know there are product design companies out there, would it be possible to get an initial consultation with one of them easily enough, and are there any that you'd recommend around Dublin?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,091 ✭✭✭Peterdalkey

Contact Ben Harris http://whitezebrastudios.com/ on the NRC D7. He is an experienced senior industrial designer who has just won a major design award from the Irish Institute of Design. He has recently opened his own studio and will give you a free consultation , just tell him Peter sent you!

Cheers

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

Contact Ben Harris http://whitezebrastudios.com/ on the NRC D7. He is an experienced senior industrial designer who has just won a major design award from the Irish Institute of Design. He has recently opened his own studio and will give you a free consultation , just tell him Peter sent you!

Cheers

Peter

Super stuff Peter, thanks a lot!

This idea just seems soo obvious. Given the right product, I could see it being used a lot.

Advertisement