Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

andriod Tablets

• 17-12-2012 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

This may not be the best place to ask but here go's. lookin for tablet is sw donegal. letterkenny is a bit far away. have rang a few places but most seem to be sold out. would like to see one to get an idea on wither thet are any good etc. any help out there.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,784 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I think my local SuperValu were selling ones the other day.

Supervalu near you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 488 ✭✭theblueirish

Take into consideration that android tablets go for between €60 and €300. there is a massive difference between them.
    Avoid the unbranded Chinese ones if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,784 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Does it have to be new i.e. is it for a Xmas pressie?

If not, and only for yourself, have you considered 2nd hand?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

I recently bought a prestigio 7'' tablet was about €150 I think. Is excellent for the price though.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭killerbeg

I'd recommend CCS in Donegal town. They have a good range that are very competitively priced as far as I can see. Was down at the weekend and they were cheaper than I can get in Belfast. Main thing though is that the guys in there know their stuff and give sound advice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 manfield

Thanks for the help folks. Can take a lookin Donegal town. Will call to that shop, not to hot on tablets. Is the computer shop hard to find.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I ordered a Kindle Fire HD from the UK today. Using Parcel Motel, it should be here by friday. It came to 217 euros in total.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

syklops wrote: »
    I ordered a Kindle Fire HD from the UK today. Using Parcel Motel, it should be here by friday. It came to 217 euros in total.

Yeah, but you don't have the full functionality on it and the OP says he's not too hot on tablets - probably better off in a bricks and mortar shop and a tablet that will access Google Play out of the box.

PC World/Currys in Sligo will have a decent selection. Carphone Warehouse do a few tablets too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

Yeah, but you don't have the full functionality on it and the OP says he's not too hot on tablets - probably better off in a bricks and mortar shop and a tablet that will access Google Play out of the box.

PC World/Currys in Sligo will have a decent selection. Carphone Warehouse do a few tablets too.

It's less than a week to Christmas. PC World/Currys in Galway were out of all the decent tablets and only the noname(dodgy chinese) ones were left. If the OP is not au fait with tablets, he'd be better off getting a mainstream brand. Whatever the situation with the google play store currently, custom firmware will be accessible for even the novice user very soon, if not already.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭killerbeg

manfield wrote: »
    Thanks for the help folks. Can take a lookin Donegal town. Will call to that shop, not to hot on tablets. Is the computer shop hard to find.

I think this is their site http://www.ccsirl.ie/index.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 lovechips

Got a blackberry playbook in currys Derry today for £129. It included leather case worth £29 free. Thought it was good as it has 64 gb of memory . That's about 90 films it can hold.Will browse internet has camera etc. A few months ago 32 gb version was selling for around £270 .they have slashed the price because a new model out next year .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

lovechips wrote: »
    Got a blackberry playbook in currys Derry today for £129. It included leather case worth £29 free. Thought it was good as it has 64 gb of memory . That's about 90 films it can hold.Will browse internet has camera etc. A few months ago 32 gb version was selling for around £270 .they have slashed the price because a new model out next year .
    A good deal at Christmas makes it all the sweeter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Firblog

manfield wrote: »

Was in there today, they still had some 9" Tablets, and the 7" I mentioned in bargains page.

Its in the Aldi carpark, beside the back of the harbour restaurant / 4 lanterns

Advertisement