Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dogs Re-homing

Options
  • 17-12-2012 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hey lads,

I am trying to re-home my two dogs, I have a female staffordshire bull terrier (1.5 years old), and a male jack russell (9 months). I have to re-home them due to unforeseen personal circumstances ASAP. Have tried ringing virtually every dog rescue in Ireland but haven't had any luck.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Did you try Limerick Animal Welfare?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 ringo22

No I didnt try them yet, but every single animal place is completely jammed and full and they said the whole country is like it

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

You will be very lucky to find someone to take them in at this time of the year. Try East Galway Animal Rescue, they take in bull breeds.

Whatever you do, do not bring the Staffie to the pound. She will not come back out, especially the Limerick pound.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

ringo22 wrote: »
    No I didnt try them yet, but every single animal place is completely jammed and full and they said the whole country is like it

063 91110 or 087 6371044 - they should be able to help or try and find a home!

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

You could try The Dogs Trust, but you'd need to Google that. Hope you find a home for them soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mnstlj

From what i hear LAW are full to the brim as well and this is before they get all the unwanted xmas kittens and puppies in a couple of weeks time .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,281 Mod ✭✭✭✭angeldaisy

Maybe try putting up notices in the vets clinics around, they usually allow this but might be probs with it being Xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭Beaver1

put them up on donedeal charge about 60e for each one but give them free to a good home, if you put them up free then less reputable types may want them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,241 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd say posting a few photos of the dogs here might help too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭LB6

Advertisement