Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking problems

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,957 ✭✭✭miss no stars

I can think of quite a few. Some cannot afford to run any cars at all (live in an estate with a decent bus-service, and you don't need one). Some choose to run one family car only. Oh - and a couple aren't actually allowed to drive even if they want to, for medical reasons.

Yeah, but it's unreasonable to assume that morethan half the houses in an estate full of family houses will only have 1 car. Maybe at the start a good few will, but what about 3 years down the line when the 15 year old who moved in is now 18 and gets a car but still lives at home? Then 10-15 years when the area has grown up a good bit and there are loads of houses with multiple teenagers/twenty-somethings living at home who drive. Also, being well served by public transport doesn't always negate the need for a car. If you don't need a car, fantastic. Lots of people DO need cars despite having decent public transport nearby. And I say that as someone who doesn't have a car.

It's irresponsible to not future proof when it comes to infrastructure. The extra cost at the time is far, far, far less than the remedial cost down the line.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭maroondog

I used to live on a narrow enough street where a house had parking opp their entrance, same exact problem. Dublin City council took away the on street parking opp the entrance to the house and put down double yellow lines. It was very difficult to get in and out the house, often saw the people in the house struggling to get in and out. So getting double yellows put down can be done and seems the only solution.

Advertisement