Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clickbank & Affiliate marketing in general

Options
  • 17-12-2012 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi, I would be a newbie to marketing.Has anyone used clickbank and dabbled in affiliate marketing. I have the usual facebook and twitter accounts and was thinking of blogging on self sufficiency/gardening anyway. If I could make a bit of dough that would be cool but I'm not looking to pay out.
    If anyone has any experience in this line of work I would greatly appreciate some advice.
    In short i'm reasonably Techie but have no marketing experience.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Hick1sfm

Just wondering if you are going it alone or part of a company or firm? I'm trying it myself now for the past month or so

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Tremone

TBH, i'm just starting out with a website(self build) and want to use clickbank who will promote product and hopefully I get paid when I drive traffic to their products. That's naive I know as I write it but you have to start somewhere. Hick1sfm, how are you getting on, any tips?

Well I myself am pretty new and have only made about 20e to date haha. But I am part of a community which is really educational on the topic and if you have any problems you can ask people in this community. Goes into a lot of detail about everything. List building, blogging, facebook, all the necessary stuff. Seems to be the best out there for newbies.

I don't suppose you can share with me the community you are using? As regards the profits you have to build up your list and profile but at least you are up and running

Could you share the community you are using/

• Advertisement

Tremone wrote: »
    I don't suppose you can share with me the community you are using? As regards the profits you have to build up your list and profile but at least you are up and running

Ya but it seems to me there are so many people out there doing this and promoting rubbish you really need to stand out and offer quality products or your only wasting your time. List building is a big thing and the use of an autoresponder. The company I'm with give a free 7 day bootcamp if you wanna take a look at it. I'll send it to you privately.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭thomas01

Have a look at tradedoubler also. It has alot of Irish companies signed up, which might be more relevant to your audience. It's a really diffcult area to make money in. There is a very small top tier of people earning good affiliate income and then there is everyone else earning pennies. Building your mailing list can also work out expensive when it grows. Mailchimp for example (one of the more popular) is free initially but when your list gets to a fairly moderate size, the charges start to add up. They also do not allow affiliate marketing in your e-mails.

Advertisement