Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best prepay package for a teenager

Options
  • 17-12-2012 5:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭

For a teenager with a first-time phone - SIM free smartphone - can anyone recommend the best prepay package for calls,texts & data?

I now '48' offer the best value package but €20 per month is too expensive.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

How much will they be using?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭peckerhead

I use 48's €10 package, since I'm in a wifi zone for about 22 hours of the day and couldn't justify paying the same amount again just for data.

You can purchase a data add-on (called "snacking") for 15c for a half-an-hour, or various other combos up to and including 1 week, 750MB @ €2.50. I keep a couple of euro in reserve so if I'm out and about and need internets I can just send a free text and buy half an hour (but I haven't had to yet).

CS is pretty good so far, compared to the Meteor experience I could no longer endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭Yorky

Thanks. Lyca seems to be the best bundle - for anyone - by far, as it includes fixed line calls also.

Which network does it use and is it as good as the original network provider's?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Yorky wrote: »
    Thanks. Lyca seems to be the best bundle - for anyone - by far, as it includes fixed line calls also.

Which network does it use and is it as good as the original network provider's?

O2.

Advertisement