Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog waste problem

• 17-12-2012 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Not to be too explicit but I live in a cul de sac at the very end house and The area in front of my house is appealing to what seems all of the local dogs to do their business in because it is sheltered. I don't own a dog and when it's getting to the stage that I have to tiptoe out my front door every morning hoping not to stand in something.

Has anyone any suggestions as to what I could do? I have put down some of that green gel stuff to try and put them off and it works short term but the problem starts all over again. I don't want to hurt any dogs by using something dangerous etc but it's really unpleasant especially when they're not my dogs. I don't feel I should have to get out there and clean it up to be honest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Who owns the dogs? Are they approachable? Dog fouling is against the law as are dogs not being under effectual control (I doubt they're under control, being let out to foul in front of your house) so maybe a friendly conversation with the dogs owners to ask would they keep their dogs from fouling the footpath as they can be prosecuted for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Evenstevens

Only two dogs are from my road and it's not just them. In fairness one of the guys does clear up after his dog. The other guy is disabled so tricky situation. As for the rest of them I wouldn't know where the dogs are from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭borderlinemeath

Only two dogs are from my road and it's not just them. In fairness one of the guys does clear up after his dog. The other guy is disabled so tricky situation. As for the rest of them I wouldn't know where the dogs are from.

Call the dog warden for the dogs that are not local. Their owners will (hopefully) be up in arms when their dog doesn't return home and first port of call will be the local warden or pound.

The last dog I called the warden about was unfortunately killed on the road before anything was done. He was let out to roam without a thought by the owner and used to wander from his estate through the fields to the back of my house and my neighbours and he was knocked over and killed on the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

I'm pretty sure my neighbour has some kind of motion sensor triggered ultrasonic pet deterrent on the side of their house beside their immaculate lawn. Might just be for cats or birds though as they also have gates.
    Someone's dogs in the area seems to enjoy doing number two just inside our property too. Don't know if its an owner walking their dog and thinking that they have a smart way to avoid a dog fouling fine or an irresponsible owner letting their dog roam

Advertisement