Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dining Suggestions

Options
  • 17-12-2012 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Was wondering does anyone have any suggestions on where to go for dinner on a date? Someone suggested the bank restaurant on dame st, I've never been

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭robjones1981

likeaboson wrote: »
    Was wondering does anyone have any suggestions on where to go for dinner on a date? Someone suggested the bank restaurant on dame st, I've never been

Bank is nice - portions far too big for my liking mind you - food is good though

It can be quite loud in there if its busy I find -lots of chatter etc, may be tough to hear one another depending on where you are sitting

On the other hand you could reserve a table upstairs - that is a neat spot and I would have thought decent for a date

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Pichet is decent, but expensive.

The Bull & Castle is a great place for a date, fantastic food, and great beers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,332 ✭✭✭Mr Simpson

The early bird in Pichet & Trocadero are both good value, and both have a nice atmosphere. If you want to go (a lot) less formal, Nandos is great

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

Restaurant 777 on George's St. End Of. :)

(but seriously - great food and very cool place. No booking possible however, so go in, leave your name, then go somewhere for a drink for an hour (or whatever) until they call you).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

MarkMc wrote: »
    The early bird in Pichet & Trocadero are both good value, and both have a nice atmosphere. If you want to go (a lot) less formal, Nandos is great

I don't think Nando's is a good recommendation for a date.
    I went to Nandos on Sth William St - from the outside, I thought it was a proper (but cheap) restaurant, but once we sat down we realized it's a fast food place like, say, Supermacs.
    You read the menu, then go up to the counter and make your order and pay, and go get your own place settings and condiments from a station, then they drop down your food to your table in just a couple of minutes.
    Fine, if that's what you like, but not really what most people want on a date (including me).

• Advertisement

Thats why I said less formal, if your in your early 20's like me, I think its a grand place for a date, especially a first or second one. The OP isn't really that specific, so cover all bases, so to speak

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭quaalude

Thats why I said less formal, if your in your early 20's like me, I think its a grand place for a date, especially a first or second one. The OP isn't really that specific, so cover all bases, so to speak

That's fine, MarkMc - I just wanted to give more info on what to expect from Nandos, in case the OP is in their 30's (like me).
    We all want everyone's dates to go well ;)

quaalude wrote: »

That's fine, MarkMc - I just wanted to give more info on what to expect from Nandos, in case the OP is in their 30's (like me).
    We all want everyone's dates to go well ;)

Exactly, a bit more info from the OP might be helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

Is Pichet still good? I haven’t been in about 12 months and I’m hearing very mixed reports about it of late :/
    cormy wrote: »
    Restaurant 777 on George's St. End Of. :)
    (but seriously - great food and very cool place. No booking possible however, so go in, leave your name, then go somewhere for a drink for an hour (or whatever) until they call you).
    Seconded! Rounded off a long day’s drinking there recently. Excellent margeritas, yummy tostados and a really fun, cool environment. I LOVED it.

I’d also suggest Saba, Coppinger Row, Pig’s Ear (their early bird is excellent value and they have gorgeous views over Trinity), maybe Jo’Burger on Castle Market for something more informal.

It was quite good last time I was there (a few months ago)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20 likeaboson

Hi all

Thanks for the suggestions it's great to get so many! And just as a side note we are both in our early 20s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Crackbird is absolutely deelish if you like chicken. :)
    Acapulco if you like Mexican food such as tortillas and burrito's etc. Really tasty!
    Siam Thai if you like thai food. Fresh, super tasty and quick.
    La Caverna if you like proper Italian food and decent traditional pizza.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Hermione* wrote: »
    Is Pichet still good? I haven’t been in about 12 months and I’m hearing very mixed reports about it of late
    It was quite good last time I was there (a few months ago)

Was there in the last week of November.

Was very good, a Monday night.

Advertisement