Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Christmas present for first time mother?

Options
  • 17-12-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

My wife will be one of these next week. Just wondering what presents you would suggest?

I've got a charm for her bracelet and other presents ie cosmetics but I'd like a few other ideas?
    Even things like a mother/baby themed tea mugs! 'worlds best mum'.

I would like to get a nice memento though but I'm running out of time!

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

What about a voucher for you both to slip away on a weekend Hotel break sometime in the new year... Undated of course so there's no pressure on her to part with the little one until she's ready...

Something she can look forward to during those first few difficult weeks/months ;)

also, lots of Bio Oil products ;)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

A photo frame saying Best Mum and a pic of her and the new born in it.
    It is probably a bit late for getting photo mugs or canvases printed.
    Are you looking for a keepsake type present?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

No offence but I would have hated a mug or a picture frame... don't know what your wife is like but if she's anything like me she might want a professional massage/chiropractic appointment.
    But if you're looking for a memento... besides mugs and frames you can get matching bath towels embroidered with names. Someone gave me a present of one with a little hood and my daughter's name on it, on organic cotton, very nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

As a new mother, I'm crippled with back pain and shoulder tension from carrying, feeding and lifting! A one hour deep tissue massage would be pure Heaven! (and a great excuse to get away for an hour!) You could add a facial or something too for a real treat....

Advertisement