Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any books for a 19 year old girl

Options
  • 17-12-2012 5:44pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 187 ✭✭

any book advice for a 19 year old girl for xmas, big fan of twilight, vampire diaries all that malarky. any suggestions? this is for my sister for christmas, she doesn't normally read for pleasure other than those sort of books above.

is there a latest hunger games/twilight/teen girl fad that I'm not aware of I could pick up for her.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Hunger Games or His Dark Materials

• Registered Users Posts: 6,344 ✭✭✭Thoie

A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. There may even be sequels (which I now need to go check!).

Edit - there's a second book out (Shadow of Night), and a third available for pre-order.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

Anything really in that Urban Fantasy Genre really.

Cassandra Clare - they are four or five of them now & they are pretty good. The first book of that series is City of Bones.

Charlaine Harris books - go for the Sookie Stackhouse books not the Aurora Teagarden ones, the first book in the series is Dead Until Dark.

You could go with the books of the Vampire Diaries - not sure who they are written by.

When you go into a book shop like Easons - there should be a fairly large section of Young Adult/ Fantasy. Make sure you are buying the first book of a series - very few of these books are standalone.

This is anthology of Urban Fantasy by some pretty well known authors - it would be a good buy, http://www.easons.com/p-874523-urban-fantasy-anthology.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Im_That_Girl

The Newsflesh Trilogy is quite good. It's the first 3 books here: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mira-Grant/e/B004AO1ZBK/ref=ntt_athr_dp_pel_pop_1

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭ZombieMed

Warm Bodies - Isaac Marion - the movie is coming out soon, teen zombie falls in love with teen girl.

Unravelling - Elizabeth Norris - similar start as Twilight then the game changes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭tigerblob

I second the Sookie Stackhouse novels by Charlaine Harris. They're like a much more grown-up Twilight, I'd say they'd go down really well.

Advertisement