Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ever embarrassed by video game excesses?

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

deathrider wrote: »
    Speaking of sexism in video games, did Anita Sarkeesian ever get around to making those videos?

nope shes done a couple of talks about how 4chan targeted her. that ****storm will be nothing whenever/if those videos come out and their shown to be, like the rest of her videos, complete and utter fluff that doesnt even address the genuine issues in the games industry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

NTMK wrote: »
    nope shes done a couple of talks about how 4chan targeted her. that ****storm will be nothing whenever/if those videos come out and their shown to be, like the rest of her videos, complete and utter fluff that doesnt even address the genuine issues in the games industry

Kind of a pity. I've been looking forward to seeing her take on things. However, she did make a sh1t-ton of cash from the kickstarter, so does that mean that she's bound in any legal way to make the videos?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

deathrider wrote: »
    Kind of a pity. I've been looking forward to seeing her take on things. However, she did make a sh1t-ton of cash from the kickstarter, so does that mean that she's bound in any legal way to make the videos?

i think shes required to produce 5 videos and that's it. there's no length requirement.

i cant even see what the original 6k was going to be used for not to mind 160k

I'll get back to silently awaiting these videos then. I'm looking forward to seeing just what exactly she has to say, and whether or not I'll agree with her points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭hooradiation

NTMK wrote: »

I'm curious as to what you think the "genuine issues in the games industry" are that she is destined not to address?

Morbidly curious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,178 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm curious as to what you think the "genuine issues in the games industry" are that she is destined not to address?

Morbidly curious.

http://www.1reasonwhy.net/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 673 ✭✭✭Marsden

Back to the original post, a game I've heard of but not actually played..BMXXX, you play as a busty beaut and the better stunts you do the more clothes come off. Not something I'd want someone to walk in and catch me playing.:D

Marsden wrote: »
    Back to the original post, a game I've heard of but not actually played..BMXXX, you play as a busty beaut and the better stunts you do the more clothes come off. Not something I'd want someone to walk in and catch me playing.:D

Not exactly how that game worked. Basically you could dress (or indeed undress) your character in a menu screen outside of gameplay. Then, send her (or him) in to the level wearing nothing but a G-string. There were also real videos of strippers from some american strip bar that you could unlock by collecting all the collectables in a level, or finding all the stunt gaps. It wasn't a good game though. No amount of boobs and bad dick jokes will cover up the fact that this ain't no Tony Hawk's.

Advertisement