Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mrs Robinsons - New Restaurant?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Newcomers1 wrote: »
    Can't speak for the restaurant, but they aren't excluded from the pub. Maybe they are not allowed after 6.30 or so, which is legislation I think, but before that they are allowed in!

Just wanted to clarify incase you had put off heading there thinking they were ;)

So it was your kids wheeling you home in their pram the other day at 18.25!!!
    I hope the restaurant does well, there has been a great livening up of Greystones with all the restaurants lately. Great to see. If the service and food is good and priced sensibly it will survive hopefully.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

DD9090 wrote: »
    Funny that you mention that as I just bought a deal on dealrush this morning with a saving of 52% of a meal.
    You should do some research before making statements like that because I'm sure a quick Google search will prove that whole quote wrong.
    Like I say, you can get a ''feed'' for a tenner. Work away on dealrush!!! And if you get someone willing to cook and serve a quality rib eye with hand cut chips for a tenner, send me the restaurant name. You wont though! I wish people with compare apples with apples not food with slop!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Like I say, you can get a ''feed'' for a tenner. Work away on dealrush!!! And if you get someone willing to cook and serve a quality rib eye with hand cut chips for a tenner, send me the restaurant name. You wont though! I wish people with compare apples with apples not food with slop!

the RUSH bit is usually to the toilet :D

ah in fairness some of the deals on there are ok.........i find some of the menupages deals are good,bit more expensive but worth it.Best was meal for 2 for €60 in the Guinea Pig in dalkey with no supplements at all.Prawns to start and lobster for main,great spot and on the dart line,defo worth a visit.

Yep, Like the other 52% one. Imported frozen lobsters from Canada. Landing for about €4 each. Not great TBH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭poldebruin

How do you know what type of meal or food he got from the Restaurant running the offer? Poster seemed happy with the quality/price of what he recieved/paid.

Your attitude comes across as snobbish.

• Advertisement

Yep, Like the other 52% one. Imported frozen lobsters from Canada. Landing for about €4 each. Not great TBH.

...and I suppose none of the higher-priced restaurants ever use frozen produce?

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭artvandelay48

poldebruin wrote: »
    How do you know what type of meal or food he got from the Restaurant running the offer? Poster seemed happy with the quality/price of what he recieved/paid.

I think he/she was just saying that its not correct to compare the normal price in a restaurant with a deal found on one of the deal websites. Its like saying that something is overpriced because you once found it in a 50% off sale.

I think he/she was just saying that its not correct to compare the normal price in a restaurant with a deal found on one of the deal websites. Its like saying that something is overpriced because you once found it in a 50% off sale.

I would agree with that (your) point, but it's not what Cuddlycavvies was saying, that the quality of what you receive from these deals sites/vouchers is "slop" or somehow not good value (frozen lobsters that cost €4)

I hope Mrs Robinsons does well, and the market will dictate the pricesmenu on offer. If people eat there and find it's overpriced (to an extent they will nto return), they will either lower the prices or close doors. Seeing how well they have done with the pub (price of cocktails notwithstanding!) I'm confident they will do well and will definitely be paying it a visit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Is the management/owner/staff of Mrs Robinson Kitchen the same as Mrs Robinson pub. I didn't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Is the management/owner/staff of Mrs Robinson Kitchen the same as Mrs Robinson pub. I didn't think so

I presume so

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 BarryAlistair

Interesting comments.

There are many restaurants here - I think it's better than having too many pubs, for sure.

One thing is for sure, after Santi has gone and people get there BoI credit card statements, the restaurants will need more than local people to maintain their heavy prices. Wonder what comes in January....Price war perhaps?

Greystones restauranteurs should consider working with each other to bring people to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevieb3186

Interesting comments.

There are many restaurants here - I think it's better than having too many pubs, for sure.

One thing is for sure, after Santi has gone and people get there BoI credit card statements, the restaurants will need more than local people to maintain their heavy prices. Wonder what comes in January....Price war perhaps?

Greystones restauranteurs should consider working with each other to bring people to the town.

Is that no a monoply?! They do work together at the moment to keep prices high!

Is that no a monoply?! They do work together at the moment to keep prices high!

I wouldn't think they do - probably just check each other out and see what mug-punters are dolling out to keep their competitors afloat?

One place went in the recent months (and, based on my experience of the place, it was probably down to crap service, crap produce, and high prices) and I would not at all be surprised if Greystones sees more casualties in the coming quarter.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 stevieb3186

I wouldn't think they do - probably just check each other out and see what mug-punters are dolling out to keep their competitors afloat?

One place went in the recent months (and, based on my experience of the place, it was probably down to crap service, crap produce, and high prices) and I would not at all be surprised if Greystones sees more casualties in the coming quarter.

same people running this as the one that went, that was over rent issue rumour has it.

Really? Thanks for the warning! :)

Em! Because the restaurant was on Dealrush yesterday with a 52% deal. And you don't know me, so don't assume that I am a snob. I know value when I see it. Not just the price of everything.

...and I suppose none of the higher-priced restaurants ever use frozen produce?
    For the core ingredient. Generally not. You seem to confuse quality with price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

Em! Because the restaurant was on Dealrush yesterday with a 52% deal. And you don't know me, so don't assume that I am a snob. I know value when I see it. Not just the price of everything.
    Your attitude is poor,you comment on price without even trying the food

If restaurants like Ely can offer 3 course dinners and wine FOR 2 for €85, surely it's possible for any of our town's upper end restaurants to do so. http://elywinebar.ie/christmasoffer

Your attitude is poor,you comment on price without even trying the food
    And your attitude is ridiculous. As I have tried the food and never mentioned price. Quality and value are my priorities. Learn to read.

• Advertisement

Quit the sniping and personal attacks

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

If restaurants like Ely can offer 3 course dinners and wine FOR 2 for €85, surely it's possible for any of our town's upper end restaurants to do so. http://elywinebar.ie/christmasoffer
    No offence but, Again, It's a voucher. survives on volume sales and less than 100% redemption. Cash in the till today for no delivery. Ely is nice, don't get me wrong. I'm just saying that the local prices are mostly fair. Some of the pubs are cheaper but food is terrible. Give it a chance I reckon and if he doesn't compromise on quality I'll support.

Many good restaurants that have built reputations over years use the voucher scheme. You seem to have it in your head that they'd risk the future of their businesses by lowering quality, service and value. I think your perception is wrong!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Not wanting to get into the whole pricing thing that this thread seems to have been taken over with but I was expecting to see slightly lower prices when I saw the menu. I'll still go to try it out although it might be February before I can afford it :)

What they could and should be doing is offering a voucher for a free pint or something in the pub. That would push heaps more customers down to the pub instead of just straight home and it would make people feel like they are getting better value.

I am sure that the cost for them of a pint versus the number of people who would stay for more than one would make it pretty well worth it on their part.

d31b0y wrote: »
    What they could and should be doing is offering a voucher for a free pint or something in the pub. That would push heaps more customers down to the pub instead of just straight home and it would make people feel like they are getting better value.

Pah, a voucher? imagine the poor quality drink you would recive in the pub with that. Probably get Tesco value vodka :)

And you don't know me, so don't assume that I am a snob.
    No offence but, Again, It's a voucher.
    ...apologies, I should have clarified that I meant, in relation to the topic at hand, your attitude comes across as snobbish. I wasn't implying you, as a person were a snob. It's a fine line, again apologies if I crossed it.

Could we stay on topic please

Terry Pratchet

Last warning - any more off topic posting or personal sniping will get infractions and the discussion will probably be locked. Off topic includes personal attitudes, vouchers etc

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,279 ✭✭✭The Bishop Basher

We ate there last week. The food was pretty good but a little over priced for the quantity. I would definately recommend the pork belly.

Went down late this morning to try the brunch. Walked in only to be told they were shut. I was really surprised. Seems mad to be turning away custom from a new business.

Anyway, they run the pub well and I hope they do well with the grub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭wicklowgal

This whole Mrs Robinsons malarkey has totally gone over my head. Anytime I've attempted to go in even for a drink to see what all the hype was, I've never really managed to get a seat at night and it's always jammed to capacity ie everyone bumping into each other, can't even get to the toilets etc. Maybe I'm just picking bad nights to go, I don't know but it's not my idea of a good night.

<<<snip>>>

Advertisement