Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mrs Robinsons - New Restaurant?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

Service wise, coachouse in roundwood is a well oiled machine. From what I.m hearing and seeing up there, Mrs Rs is not that.

JandS wrote: »
    Hi,

Myself and the wife were at Ms.R for dinner on a saturday night.

We had a great night - food was excellent, as was the wine and cocktails.

Staff were great, extremely helpful, and they even gave us a round of free cocktails as we were waiting for our table for a few minutes.

Prices are well set for the standard of food that you get. If you want a chipper, get a chipper.

Might be an idea for people to stop moaning all the time and instead try and give an up and coming business a bit of support.

It's a breath of fresh air having somewhere other than the Burnaby to go, which is filthy dirty, and full of idiots at the best of times. A bit of competition might do them good, as long as they play it clean (which, I've heard is not their style).
    I'm glad you liked it but I think you are missing the point. Most on here want options but are only prepared to pay for it if it's worth it. Barmen swearing, people getting wrong meals, waiting for ever,etc is not acceptable. Teething problems are ok but I think its had enough time to sort out. I really hope it does. I am happy enough with the pub and find the floor staff there very pleasant. And price is about food AND service.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

I'm glad you liked it but I think you are missing the point. Most on here want options but are only prepared to pay for it if it's worth it. Barmen swearing, people getting wrong meals, waiting for ever,etc is not acceptable. Teething problems are ok but I think its had enough time to sort out. I really hope it does. I am happy enough with the pub and find the floor staff there very pleasant. And price is about food AND service.

The thing about the guy swearing was the pub not the restaurant

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

The thing about the guy swearing was the pub not the restaurant

Sorry I thought I had made that clear in my original post... yes it was indeed in the pub not the restaurant - sorry for the confusion.

With regard to moaning etc, our bill came in and around €260, for ok food and dreadful service even with a smile.. so i have every right to voice my experience.

And no i def do not want to see a local business close down or not do well, I support lots of local businesses BUT they have had enough time to sort out the "issues" and to be honest I had heard similar reports from my neighbours etc, so I wasnt surprised etc.

anyway I do hope they sort out the issues and go on to become a good asset to Greystones but until they step up their game I will go elsewhere.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I see there's a new menu now which hopefully means the minor problems I mentioned in earlier posts with some of the descriptions are now addressed.

I have noticed that the "half roast chicken" that was just chicken breast is gone - so steps are being taken in the right direction :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

We ate at Mrs Robinson's for the second time recently, having had a less than impressive experience on the first occasion (which was a few weeks after it opened).
    The only negative point was the fact that our wine had not been properly chilled (the waitress confessed that it just been popped into a freezer for a couple of minutes), since the food was pretty good (very nice tapenade, steak cooked medium rare as asked, nice crispy chips and onion rings, lovely sliders), and the bill for starters, mains and wine was E72...not bad for two people really. It was not as busy as when it opened, so perhaps that was why the service was more efficient. The staff could not be nicer, I have to say.
    It would still not be my favoured place to eat in Greystones (I think Three Qs, Chakra and Caviston's are streets ahead), but it was ok for a change.

Yes they are streets ahead because they are restauranteurs as opposed to Publicans. Can't fault the pub though. Great addition to the town.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭ciaran67

Jelly2 wrote: »
    We ate at Mrs Robinson's for the second time recently, having had a less than impressive experience on the first occasion (which was a few weeks after it opened).
    The only negative point was the fact that our wine had not been properly chilled (the waitress confessed that it just been popped into a freezer for a couple of minutes), since the food was pretty good (very nice tapenade, steak cooked medium rare as asked, nice crispy chips and onion rings, lovely sliders), and the bill for starters, mains and wine was E72...not bad for two people really. It was not as busy as when it opened, so perhaps that was why the service was more efficient. The staff could not be nicer, I have to say.
    It would still not be my favoured place to eat in Greystones (I think Three Qs, Chakra and Caviston's are streets ahead), but it was ok for a change.

:confused:

Restaurant?

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭Jelly2

ciaran67 wrote: »
    :confused:

Restaurant?

I know, that was quite bad about the wine! I suppose that we should have rejected it really. But she disconcerted me with her honesty!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

Was dragged along for the second time on Friday evening and have to say was far more impressed this time round.
    150 for 4 people, 3 courses each with 4 alcoholic drinks and a bottle of wine.

Food was superb (sliders are awesome and I recommend everyone try them at least once).
    Far, far better than my first experience and will go back because of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭aynneone

Completely agree. going back to Fathers Day I booked completely on the spur of the moment for himself and myself.. The chicken in maple sauce I had was literally to die for... his steak was excellent, staff more than friendly, atmosphere relaxed and friendly, couldnt say enough good things about it..

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Huntthe

Hopefully the maple sauce didn't literally kill you :D

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭IanL

Was in there last night and it's a great little pub, staff dead sound too. Hope they get a licence extension as 1am bar closed still early enough. Reminds me of the bar in Whelans. Really like the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Was in the restaurant for the first time yesterday evening. Service is laid back and friendly, food was great.

Will definitely be back!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭Lil' Smiler

Haven't had a bad meal there yet. Would like to see a bit more variation in the menu, am popping in tonight :)

Advertisement