Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Record VHS video on computer?

Options
  • 17-12-2012 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭

Hi, looking for advice, i have old video camera with tape cassettes, I want to get that video in to computer. have looked over different products, but all of them have bad reviews in one site, or other.
    Looking for some cheap device, as it got to be once or twice job. or is it possible rent one for a day or two ?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

If it's something you only need done once you could get someone to do it for you. Takes the hassle out of it for you.

If you're based in Dublin there's plenty of places that do this sort of thing. The DVD centre certainly put tapes to DVD - you could then rip the files from that or they might digitise it for you if you specified what format you needed it in.

http://www.dvdcentre.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭ei9go

The simplest thing to do is to connect your VHS to a DVD recorder with a scart lead and just record it. Then you will have the DVD and you can convert it to anything you like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

thanks for replays, i have no dvd recorder. , so that option fails, also there is much foot path recorded , which has to be taken off. do yous have any idea , how much would cost record 3.5 hours of tape in .avi format, id do the rest.

thanks.

Advertisement