Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cooling off period?

Options
  • 17-12-2012 8:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭

Hi there

A friend of mine there a while ago agreed to sign up for Eircom services over the phone. He provided details & bank details etc and was happy enough to go with the service. However, a few hours later he found a better deal with another company, & called Eircom to cancel the arrangements as they had only been made a few hours previously.

He was told that was fine, etc however a few days later he noticed that €130 had been debited from his bank by Eircom. When he rang to query this, he was told the charge was for services incurred or something like that, & there was nothing that could be done.

Is there anything that can be done here, I can provide contact details for the person in question via pm to the reps if needs be. I'm just asking because as it stands he has no internet connection & can't use boards. Its hard to believe that given no equipment or anything was ever sent out/no work was done results in this money being non refundable?

I'd appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

EnterNow wrote: »
    Hi there

A friend of mine there a while ago agreed to sign up for Eircom services over the phone. He provided details & bank details etc and was happy enough to go with the service. However, a few hours later he found a better deal with another company, & called Eircom to cancel the arrangements as they had only been made a few hours previously.

He was told that was fine, etc however a few days later he noticed that €130 had been debited from his bank by Eircom. When he rang to query this, he was told the charge was for services incurred or something like that, & there was nothing that could be done.

Is there anything that can be done here, I can provide contact details for the person in question via pm to the reps if needs be. I'm just asking because as it stands he has no internet connection & can't use boards. Its hard to believe that given no equipment or anything was ever sent out/no work was done results in this money being non refundable?

I'd appreciate any help
    Comreg.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭hughowen

Had the same problem, signed up and got a better offer from existing provider and cancelled within my cooling off period, but they still went ahead and 'stole' my connection from the other provider and then could not get my Broadband from them as I signed up for another 12months with the other provider and now I am looking at big problems. Comreg is the way to go,

In future if anyone is happy with their provider don't change to save a few euro over a year

The guys that call at the door are not on the same page as the Customer Service departments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Comreg.

Simple as? I'll wait until I hear from a rep before letting my friend know how to proceed. Cheers folks

Any update or advice on this from the Eircom Reps?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Any update or advice on this from the Eircom Reps?

Hi EnterNow,

Can you provide me with the customers name and tel no: or account number. Can also confirm the date she called in initially (time if possible). As well as the number she rang.

Also what number did she call in to cancel on the same day and did she get the agents name?

if you could send on those details. I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Mark

• Advertisement

Hi EnterNow,

Can you provide me with the customers name and tel no: or account number. Can also confirm the date she called in initially (time if possible). As well as the number she rang.

Also what number did she call in to cancel on the same day and did she get the agents name?

if you could send on those details. I would appreciate it.

Thanks, Mark

Will see if the info is available to hand, & will pass on whatever I can get including contact details via pm. Cheers Mark, appreciate the help

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Will see if the info is available to hand, & will pass on whatever I can get including contact details via pm. Cheers Mark, appreciate the help

No problem, get back to me when you can.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement