Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas present change of plan!

• 17-12-2012 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

In a little bit of a bother here, regarding a present for my girlfriend.

Basically she returns this weekend after a year living abroad - and as such, wanted to get her something really special, which I thought I did; we're both huge Bruce Springsteen fans, and I THOUGHT I had secured 2 ticekts for us to go see him next Summer in Limerick. Turns out the person who I had trusted with the get me the tickets that day didn't get them for me (I was in work, and couldn't log on myself).

So unfortunately I am now left with no present for her, despite the fact that I wanted this years present to be extra special.

Anyone got any last minute ideas for a nice gift? I can tell her what happened, and she'll understand, but still, would like to have SOMETHING to give to her after a year away!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Perhaps better suited to this forum,
    moved from TGC.
    Panthro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭carolinespring

I know its not the same as Bruce Springsteen tickets but what about a Ticketmaster voucher so that she can pick a special gig to go to and if budget allow put together a little hamper of stuff she would have missed while living away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

Aw no dude that sucks. Me and bf are huge fans too, I had tickets but when I got to confirmation page it crashed :( Himself is trying to get his hands on a pair .... Here's hoping!
    What is she into? What about tickets to another gig and book a nice hotel for the night?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

A romantic weekend away together, after her year away ;) maybe a couples massage at the spa while you're there.

Or how about a romantic meal at mcnean house in blacklion (nevin mcguires restaurant) with an overnight stay in his beautiful B&b. Its pricey but worth every cent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,063 ✭✭✭chases0102

Cheers lads, all great ideas.

Was some sickener alright, as I was so looking forward to seeing him myself!

Will try to sort something alright, at least I have a few evenings now to sort something.

Cheers everyone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭Milly33

God that is nasty!! Are they all sold out for Cork too..You should so chance ringing the local radio station and asking is there any chance of tickets..They will have a set amout for them...

You can never go wrong with a nice bunch of flowers for when you see her, and well coming from a womans side just take some time out to spend alone with her to catch up..Cook a nice dinner (not away somewhere if she has family that is twill be too mad) but at home or where ever and have a nice chilled evening..

Get her favourite DVD, chocs if she likes or snack..Pair of those microwave sleeps and a catch up evening..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

How disappointing! I hope you get something sorted.

A nice teddy and put something with it like a bottle of perfume or a box of sweets or a voucher or a piece of jewellery or something else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Quick fix, why not make a hamper basket- easier than sounds

Buy a basket, fill it up with chocs, teddy, perfurme, cd's/ book/yankee cadles/ spirits etc: or anything else personal to you, ;)
    Go to a florist get some sellaphane (sp) plastic and cover it up.

If in rush just go to a few shops and get whatever bits, the presentation factor gives it the wow factor more than the actual gifts as can add in whatever:cool:

Advertisement