Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IMEI Blocked??

Options
  • 17-12-2012 10:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Long story short, I bought an iphone was late on a few payments and they were looking for mad money off me so never paid then I think Three blocked my IMEI but then the other day out of nowhere my signal came back on my iphone after a year nearly but when I try to use 3g it goes again until I reboot my phone then it comes back and it stays once I don't try use 3g!!?? has anybody any idea what the story is? did Three lift the ban or what??

Craig.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

craig_b wrote: »
    Long story short, I bought an iphone was late on a few payments and they were looking for mad money off me so never paid then I think Three blocked my IMEI but then the other day out of nowhere my signal came back on my iphone after a year nearly but when I try to use 3g it goes again until I reboot my phone then it comes back and it stays once I don't try use 3g!!?? has anybody any idea what the story is? did Three lift the ban or what??

Craig.

Yes and No, 3's network is 3G only, and if your on 2G you use Vodafone, so at this point you could be barred on 3 and not on Vodafone.

So sounds like its still barred on 3, get it unlocked and it will work fine on any other network.

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

Yes and No, 3's network is 3G only, and if your on 2G you use Vodafone, so at this point you could be barred on 3 and not on Vodafone.

So sounds like its still barred on 3, get it unlocked and it will work fine on any other network.

I have a Three PAYG sim in it now and it's working bar the 3G internet, which is the first time in over a year soI was thinking maybe they lifted the ban on the IMEI but I doubt it, Also it's an iPhone 4 on baseband 4.11.08 which can't be unlocked at the moment even using a gevey sim but i'm working on downgrading the baseband to 4.10.01 which I think is possible and unlockable via a gevey sim.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,997 ✭✭✭kirving

It could be regarded as a stolen phone, as it was never paid for. Using it at all may not be the best idea.

It could be regarded as a stolen phone, as it was never paid for. Using it at all may not be the best idea.

Yea well it's not a stolen phone it's mine, and your solution to my problem doesn't help me in the slightest mate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

Why do you say it is not stolen. You agreed to pay the bills (which included payment for the phone - which is subsidized when you buy it, the company collect the rest of the payment through the bills) and you didn't pay them, hence the block on it. The company could easily consider you stole the phone from them!

• Advertisement

hdowney wrote: »
    Why do you say it is not stolen. You agreed to pay the bills (which included payment for the phone - which is subsidized when you buy it, the company collect the rest of the payment through the bills) and you didn't pay them, hence the block on it. The company could easily consider you stole the phone from them!

They can consider all they want pal, this reply isn't helping me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

'pal' ... 'mate' ... all we need now is 'buddy' to complete the set.

Nunu wrote: »
    'pal' ... 'mate' ... all we need now is 'buddy' to complete the set.

Yea whatever still not helping the situation with your poxy comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

What do you want like? You posted a question and lads are giving you their opinions.....it's basically how this site works! No need to be such an ignorant bollocks! Use the phone away shur....who gives a ****!!

.......and yes, I know I'm not helping your situation!

alan1990 wrote: »

What do you want like? You posted a question and lads are giving you their opinions.....it's basically how this site works! No need to be such an ignorant bollocks! Use the phone away shur....who gives a ****!!

.......and yes, I know I'm not helping your situation!

I want someone to answer who knows what they're talking about not people comin on sayin oh thats a stolen phone who gives a **** that wasn't me question, and i'm not ignornant trust me. Anyway i don't care anymore the things working was just wondering did anybody know why.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭Qwerty Dub

Does it matter if the phone works or not?

Judging by your attitude I wouldn't imagine you have too many friends to be calling.

Was this helpful PAL?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭ElectroJazz

Ah here lads... leave ir ou.

Qwerty Dub wrote: »
    Does it matter if the phone works or not?

Judging by your attitude I wouldn't imagine you have too many friends to be calling.

Was this helpful PAL?

No it doesn't matter I was just curious thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

They can consider all they want pal, this reply isn't helping me either.
    I want someone to answer who knows what they're talking about not people comin on sayin oh thats a stolen phone who gives a **** that wasn't me question, and i'm not ignornant trust me. Anyway i don't care anymore the things working was just wondering did anybody know why.

You came on here telling people you got the phone locked up because you wouldn't pay what you leagally owe as you AGREED to pay the monthly bills. I doubt they were looking for 'rediculous' money, I'd say they were looking for either the amounts of the bills you hadn't paid, or they assumed you were not going to pay monthly and invoiced you for the total amount for the months you signed up to contract. Standard to be honest. You are giving us attitude because YOU didn't want to pay your bills and want to move your phone to another network and use it and rather than help you there we told you that the company you got the phone from can consider it stealing from them as you haven't paid for the phone.

You have a really bad attitude to be honest and need to re-think the way you speak to/treat people. If your issue is 'sorted' to your satisfaction you can ask the mods to close the thread, as you don't need it anymore, but there is no need to be hurling abuse at people who are just voicing their opinion. This is a friendly respectable place and we treat others with respect.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭littleredspot

i'm not ignornant

I know it's not going to help, but I got a good laugh out of this bit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Having read this thread, especially your initial explanation craig_b, and TBH, I don't have a lot of sympathy for you. You clearly signed up to a contract you didn't read through properly and then when the consequences of that contract kicked in, you reneged on it and they understandably cut you off.

Oddly enough, if I stop paying my mobile bills, my provider might do the same. Indeed, perhaps I should stop paying my electricity bills and then feel harshly treated when they cut me off? Maybe go for a meal in a restaurant and then if I disagree with the bill, I should just do a runner?

You're cut off. My guess is when you reboot, your phone will register with the network and there may be a few seconds where you have coverage before their system does a look-up on your account, realizes you're a defaulter and cuts you off again.

All I can suggest you do is register with another operator and put their SIM into your iPhone, although you may need to unblock the phone so that it will accept SIM's from other operators first (go ask in the Apple Media Devices forum for this). Of course, I don't hold to much hope that you won't end up signing up to another contract there that you'll default on either.

Beyond that, this forum is not really for the purposes of helping people who have problems because they didn't pay their bills. And the manner in which you are responding to people pointing this out to you also leaves a lot to be desired. As such, I'm going to close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement