Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Christmas gift idea for a couple

• 17-12-2012 11:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭

I have two couples to shop for, for a christmas gift and I haven't a clue what to get.

I usually get
    a bottle of wine, or
    a candle set, or
    a christmas ornament or something.

But my mam was recommending maybe something different this year and this is where I'm having a block. I haven't a clue but then again I haven't even started shopping so maybe if I trawl the shops I might find something.

I think one couple will get the safest bet of a candle set. So now I need an idea for the other couple. Any ideas please? My budget will be 40 euro but willing to stretch to 50.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭sillysmiles

What age are they?
    Not candle sets. Who realistically likes candle sets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭ilovesleep

What age are they?
    Not candle sets. Who realistically likes candle sets.

Or a xmasy candle? I love candles but that's just me I suppose.

Couples are in their mid 30s and early 60s.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

A restaurant voucher ?

Everybody likes going out for dinner especially when they don't have to pay for it. If they go over the voucher amount they're not going to mind putting the difference to it.

Karen23 wrote: »
    A restaurant voucher ?

Everybody likes going out for dinner especially when they don't have to pay for it. If they go over the voucher amount they're not going to mind putting the difference to it.

That's a good idea alright for one couple.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

I struck lucky with the restaurant voucher as one of the deal sites had a deal for a restaurant that a couple I had to buy for love going to , €50 worth of food and drink for €25.

This couple are very good friends of my inlaws who always send us a small gift and presents for the children , we usually just buy them a a small gift like a bottle of wine so this year our gift to them didnt cost much more than usual but seems much better.

• Advertisement

Karen23 wrote: »
    I struck lucky with the restaurant voucher as one of the deal sites had a deal for a restaurant that a couple I had to buy for love going to , €50 worth of food and drink for €25.

This couple are very good friends of my inlaws who always send us a small gift and presents for the children , we usually just buy them a a small gift like a bottle of wine so this year our gift to them didnt cost much more than usual but seems much better.

Sweet!

Well it turns out that they already have a restaurant voucher. I had a place picked out already too for a voucher for their favourite place and they have the very same one. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭confusticated

Books? You'd defnitely find some that'd come to around €40 for one each, and could be nice to have something to read over Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

tickets to cheap comedy gig
    digital photoframe
    night away (mydealpage.ie) might have something
    large spice rack (think next or somewhere had amazing ones and love mine)
    his and hers Pjs?
    best can think of with info given

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Do the " couple" have any interests , or hobbies? Other than being married?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Bottle of Baileys (Baileys gift pack with the 2 baileys glasses) and a Tin Of Biscuits or box of Buttlers Choccies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 940 ✭✭✭Tabitharose

ilovesleep wrote: »
    Sweet!

Well it turns out that they already have a restaurant voucher. I had a place picked out already too for a voucher for their favourite place and they have the very same one. :(

if it's their favourite place I'm sure they'd be happy with a second voucher for the same place - the only thing nicer that going to your favourite restaurant is going & not having to pay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Siffany

A umbrella with their photo printing,it will be special and unique.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Siffany wrote: »
    A umbrella with their photo printing,it will be special and unique.

As the person asked this question before Christmas last year I'd say they no longer need ideas! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I'm sure there will be new dilemmas and gift ideas in another few months and we'll have lots of fresh new threads for them. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement