Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My News

• 18-12-2012 12:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Does anyone else think we should have a 'My News' thread on AH?. Like we used to have in primary school. Since I am the OP I will go first.

My News,
    Today I bought a new reclining chair, it is really good. I am now sitting a good two feet higher than I was before and I can now watch TV and look at boards at the same time. I also bought my dad a digital record player for Christmas, it will be funny because he hasn't a clue what a USB stick or a MP3 is. I went to the shop earlier but forgot to get milk and had to go back. Very embarrassing.

That was My News
    Where To

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

What about the weather, we need weather.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

It is cold. And dark.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭franktheplank

My news

Today I was supposed to be studying for an exam. Instead I did some shopping and argued with people on the internet about stuff I don't really care about. Also, a nieghbour shot our family dog because he was sick and dying. I was a bit sad but not too much because he was a bit crazy and we never really bonded but I'm looking forward to getting a new one. I had a bath too.

That was my news.
    FrankthePlank

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

Today I finished my first day of exams , I'm off on Wednesday and must buy Christmas presents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I can't even think of anything to say. I went to work...that's about it.

• Advertisement

I can't even think of anything to say.
    First time for everything.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,072 ✭✭✭Max Power

My news

Bought €20 worth of petrol and a bag of monster munch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

I saw Seven Psychopaths earlier, it wasn't bad. Christopher Walken is a pretty cool guy.

Oh also I've bought basically none of my Christmas presents yet and I'm busy with college until Thursday. Contemplating just giving everyone cash.

Irish weather

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Wipes nose on woolen uniform sleeve

• Advertisement

Did you come back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Today I worked and made dinner and played league of legends and far cry 3 and then read a bad thread.

My News
    Korvanica

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭spankysue

My news

A windy branch hit my OH in the face, I laughed, then one of the side mirrors on his car fell out, I laughed some more. He didn't see the funny side, still doesn't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Today I shagged my ex while our kids were in school. Then we went santy shopping. Leaving hers tonight I said hi to her bf.

Pizza for dinner , oh n some beer

Owryan wrote: »
    Today I shagged my ex while our kids were in school. Then we went santy shopping. Leaving hers tonight I said hi to her bf.

Poor kids

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

I went to work too and started off by doing two hours of nothing.
    The OH rang I had put my ham cheese and mustard samwichs in her bag and her salad samichs in mine.
    Every thing else is non news.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Aciiiiiiiiiiid

Today, I

Yesterday

Today once more, forgotten tomorrows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

My news,
    Today was the first day of my Christmas holidays. I bought Eminem tickets for my friend and she was happy then. I had 2 packets of crisps and watched 8 out of ten cats and Jonathan Ross clips on youtube all day. It rained and I think I'm coming down with a cold.

The end.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Got up, pissed around the house, going to bed soon. That's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Today I was told my procedure called a d and c will happen tomorrow. This means fasting after 12 tonight. It was sunny in parts and my sons are keeping me going. I also went on facebook and played games.

That was my news
    KKkitty

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Poor kids

Why ? We compensate with expensive presents

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Today I said would be tomorrow and yesterday would of been the same but I never made that decision so today never happened and tomorrow will never happen as it was today,

so I guess I lost out big time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭TeddyTedson

I went to work too and started off by doing two hours of nothing.
    The OH rang I had put my ham cheese and mustard samwichs in her bag and her salad samichs in mine.
    Every thing else is non news.
    I've been awake now for a very long time so I honestly don't know what I did.
    It's like my brain has been turned off for a few days. I can't even think. A little scary really. I remember have a glass of Sherry...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

Today I went to work and pretended to look busy between tea breaks and putting up the canteen christmas tree. Then I came home and my boyfriend had made lamb chops for dinner. I ate them. They tasted nice. I sat infront of the fire for the evening and wrote christmas cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

My News

Yesterday after school I went to the bog with my Daddy full stop We were turning the turf full stop It started to rain and we met John Doyle full stop Daddy and John talked for a while about turf and weather full stop

The End

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

coolhull wrote: »
    Got up, pissed around the house, going to bed soon. That's about it.

Clean it up before bed maybe? or leave it soak ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

I like this thread.

Today I woke with good intentions. I made a little list of things I needed to do. Then I acted like an idiot and ended up going home after doing none of the things on the list.

Played rubber duckies with my daughter and went to bed wondering if ill ever learn.

My News

Yesterday after school I went to the bog with my Daddy full stop We were turning the turf full stop It started to rain and we met John Doyle full stop Daddy and John talked for a while about turf and weather full stop

The End
    There's something seriously wrong with this. The Bog in the middle of December?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

My News Today

I write a letter to Satan, I ask for a bike and a surprise.

THE END

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,438 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Today I went to work. Then I came home and lost €50 gambling online. I don't even have €50 to spare........I just got bored and got carried away.
    Now I'm hungry but it's too late to eat so I'll just go to bed.
    Pretty boring day to be honest!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,733 ✭✭✭Duckworth_Luas

There's something seriously wrong with this. The Bog in the middle of December?
    True story! We're preppers, being extra careful about December 22nd. Daddy also shot John Doyle in the head because he had discovered our secret bunker.

True story! We're preppers, being extra careful about December 22nd. Daddy also shot John Doyle in the head because he had discovered our secret bunker.
    I hope the teacher makes you stand in the bold corner for making up stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Came home frm work today, the Missus asks

'How was your day?'

I say 'Grand, standard issue kinda day'

I go into the Kitchen & my 3 year old asks.

'How was your day Daddy?'

I say 'Grand. How was your day?'

She says 'I didn't have a day. I don't work or anything.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,360 ✭✭✭Archeron

When I came home from work I found a pork pie in the fridge with the diameter of a frisby and decided to have a piece for dinner. I wanted some hot mushrooms with it and ended up breaking the microwave. Now nobody can heat their tea up but I dont care because I think heating up tea in the microwave is strange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Jerked off in the shower first thing.

Everything went downhill from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Today I woke up. Then I conformed to society and got dressed. Then I listened to my tummy and fed myself. I had shredded wheat and an egg. It was nutritous. It took time to cook. I don't like waiting for my egg to boil, it takes too long, and then I get hungrier :( At some point during the day, I went for a shower. This involved me getting naked. I cleaned myself with soap and washed myself clean. I got a shock in the shower, because I got elecricity in my body or somethin. I felt nice and refreshed after my shower, plus I smelt good. I did no work today. I do not like working. Working sucks and is for stupid people. I am Smart, so I don't work. I had dinner at a late time, it was not to my satisfaction. I willl now spend the rest of the night before I conform to society and go to sleep, with introspection at how I can make tomorrow be super. 9
    That's my news,
    The End.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

Drove to Cork to do a computer job.. .... Drove the wrong way up a wrong way street just to show the bastards who the real rebel is.....

8 fupn euro in tolls *shakes fist*

Had a bun after my cup of tea, now I'm going to bed..

The End.

• Registered Users Posts: 49,731 ✭✭✭✭coolhull

Korvanica wrote: »
    Clean it up before bed maybe? or leave it soak ?
    Good one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

My news:
    have the winter vomiting bug so spent the day between the toilet and bed. I am hoping for a brighter day tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Today I had Rice Crispies and Tea at breakfast. Afterwards I attempted to put up lights on a tree in the Garden. It started raining so I read some old National Geographic magazines about China and their preparations for Beijing 2008.
    I felt sad when I realised I was facing another Lego-less Christmas day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭Mickey H

You got a window? Open it.

Or think of this.
    Owryan wrote: »

What a ledge. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Jelly 292

My dog got bit by me ma's puppy and has cone around neck for the stitch's. Now Im drunk and skint but pointing and laughing at him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

This is like the "My news" you were asked to write after coming back off your Summer holidays. And I used to sit there thinking of ways to make my week in Wexford sound more exciting! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,672 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Today I did very little. I was bored, so I made a cheesecake. Then I realised the previous cheesecake I made is still in the fridge and nobody is eating it, so now I have 1 and 1/3 cheesecakes sitting in the fridge. There isn't enough room in the freezer to freeze them and I'm already using up a lot of fridge space, so I don't know what to do with them. If I eat this much cheesecake, I will get sick.

Go fcuk yourself, San Diego

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Today I did very little. I was bored, so I made a cheesecake. Then I realised the previous cheesecake I made is still in the fridge and nobody is eating it, so now I have 1 and 1/3 cheesecakes sitting in the fridge. There isn't enough room in the freezer to freeze them and I'm already using up a lot of fridge space, so I don't know what to do with them. If I eat this much cheesecake, I will get sick.

Go fcuk yourself, San Diego

Have an awful dose of the munchies and no food in the gaff. Gis a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Itwasntme.

I like this thread. :)

Today instead of studying for my exam: I did my laundry; dusted and vacuumed; researched the pros and cons of having friends with benefits; tried to choreograph a dance routine for my new favourite song...and now, when I should be asleep, I am posting irrelevant crap on the internet.

I am so screwed.

That's my news. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭In Exile

Today I got up and then I had a shower and then I went downstairs and had sugar puffs for my breakfast and then I watched lamb chops play along and then my mammy said i had to hurry or i would be late for school and then i left for school and then me and my friends walked to school and then we argued over who i was the better wrestler and then we got to school and then my teacher was sick so we had to go and sit in a different class and then that teacher shouted at me because we were laughing at the back of the class and then he gave me extra homework. after scool i walked home on my own and then i played some Earthworm Jim on my super nintendo and then my friends called to my house so we went out and played 45 and then i had a good hiding place and nobody could find me but my mam called me for my dinner and then i got in trouble cause i didnt like her dinner because i dont like broccoli and i wanted pizza and then i was sent to my room and then my dad hit me with the wooden spoon cause i was jumping on their bed and broke the bed cause i jumped off the wardrobe. the end

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

Where To wrote: »
    I hope the teacher makes you stand in the bold corner for making up stories.

Shhh! he doesn't know that's not really his daddy:pac:

today, I did what I do everyday

Try to take over the world:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

I have a new puppy, her name is Luna. Given the choice, she prefers to sleep on my gym bag instead of in her basket. I find this slightly unsettling.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Quester

Today,

Stayed in bed when OH was getting up. I enjoyed lying in the bed taking all the rooms. Got up to dry clothes. Clothes not dry after three times in dryer. I hate hoodies. Dressed OH and sent him home. Sad now, no OH to make me my tea. Think I'll go to bed soon. I like having all the rooms in the bed.

Ends.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement