Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

My News

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Gee_G wrote: »
    This is like the "My news" you were asked to write after coming back off your Summer holidays. And I used to sit there thinking of ways to make my week in Wexford sound more exciting! :)
    Bros were all the rage when I was in 3rd or 4th class. I wrote that they came over from England to help us take in the hay.:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,094 ✭✭✭jd007

Today I had 5 people ask me if a vending machine was out of order when it clearly had an out of order sign on it. I hate people :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭Sofaspud

I'm flying home for Christmas tomorrow and had to make the tough decision of whether to bring my laptop or my ukulele, settled on laptop because I need software on it to work on uni assignments. I'll have to go 3 weeks at my girlfriend's place without a guitar and no ukulele to ease the withdrawals :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭lightspeed

So you wants boards to be a facebook clone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

lightspeed wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

What is this Facebook you speak of?

No, I'm having a premature mid life crisis and I want to relive my school days.

You're mean :(

*sniffle*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,496 ✭✭✭Boombastic

What is this Facebook you speak of?

It's in the future man, it's like a magic copy book, my brothers mate cousin who knows santa has one:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Woke up at 4pm and didn't get dressed. Made some tandoori chicken. It was nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

Yesterday I was walking home carrying a bag of shopping. There were two teenage girls across the road and one of them said to the other "look at your man with the Aldi bag" and started laughing. For some reason she thought it was hilarious that I was carrying shopping in a bag. The joke was on her because, although I had been in Aldi, my shopping was in a Tesco bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭KingMonkey

how could u forget the milk.maan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Gee_G

Where To wrote: »
    Bros were all the rage when I was in 3rd or 4th class. I wrote that they came over from England to help us take in the hay.:o
    Ha ha. You're right, Sure what else would they be at in the middle of August! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭Goat the dote

Yesterday I woke up, watched er with my one year old in bed, got up, transferred all my photos off my phone to a USB so I can have memory available on my phone.
    I played with my son and his Thomas the tank engine track. I washed clothes and put them on the dryer. I made a lovely lasagne for tea. I cleaned the house. I went to bed. Pretty uneventful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭seven_eleven

Today I woke up at 6:20am and waited for my 12.5 hour shift to begin at 8.
    Please kill me.

By seveneleven.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭holystungun9

coolhull wrote: »
    Got up, pissed around the house, going to bed soon. That's about it.

How do you fit it all in?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

My news:

Today is Tuesday. I am on holiday in Eastern Europe. The country is called "Ukraine". It is cold here. It is snowing now and today I will build a snowman and get drunk with him.

Kind regards,
    Me

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Arpa

We had to do ours in Irish, here's what I can remember....most days were the same.

Is e de Mairt inniu. Ta scammail sa speir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

After 6 months of treatment, today I bring my 3 year old boy to Crumlin hospital for his final cycle of chemotherapy. Should be home for Christmas, all going well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

I can imagine OPs next post here....
    "My News

Today I became a thanks whore.

Where To"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

On Saturday I waved at Katherine Jenkins in the O2...she waved back! Im still smiling :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

So far today I have peed three times & gotten sick twice. The last few sips of water have stayed down though so it's looking good for the rest of the day.
    Also when I was sitting on the bathroom floor after being sick I felt my baby move in my belly. It was a proper movement & not something that felt like a trapped fart.
    My dog licked my nose & then tried to put his tongue in my ear. He likes licking ears, licking ears makes him sneeze though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Scruffles

coolhull wrote: »
    Got up, pissed around the house, going to bed soon. That's about it.
    sounds like a tomcat we used to have;a big tabby fella,poor lad was like a piss sprinkler when he got going.
    try spraying self with water whenever the urge to do so comes on.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭Plazaman

Today (aka yesterday evening) I was checking some Christmas lights but, being the brainbox I am, never plugged them out. I got a jolt of electricity which gave me a bit of a fright and I stumbled backwards knocking over the table lamp on top of the dog who was sleeping. He freaked out and ran straight into the Christmas tree knocking it over and breaking a lot of the baubles. I spent two and a half hours cleaning up and cursing loudly and now I have a half dressed Christmas tree with no lights and a paranoid dog that won't come out from under the table as he thinks I'm trying to kill him.

Fúcksocks.

PS The weather is also shít.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,578 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

My news

Today I was supposed to be studying for an exam. Instead I did some shopping and argued with people on the internet about stuff I don't really care about. Also, a nieghbour shot our family dog because he was sick and dying. I was a bit sad but not too much because he was a bit crazy and we never really bonded but I'm looking forward to getting a new one. I had a bath too.

That was my news.
    FrankthePlank

Please please please will you post this in the pet forum . I beg you. I need this to happen.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

Today my husband made me get up at the crack of dawn because he had something called a seminar starting early today. After dropping him off, I got to work at 8am so decided to have a sleep in the car, overslept and was 30 minutes late for work, because I was asleep in the car park.

It's going to be a long day. I may have another car nap at lunchtime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I got up, made breakfast for both of us, kissed a lot, went to work, did feck all in work and spent most of the day researching MX-5 buyer's guides. Came home, listened to some Big Finish stories, had pork chops and potatoes and broccolli, then a mince pie and tea, then had a hot chocolate with honey rum. After that I browsed on Boards, had a bath, listened to more Big Finish and went to to bed and had a big cuddle before falling asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,301 ✭✭✭The One Who Knocks

Today it rained.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

Got up at 7am, changed hotel, fell asleep in new hotel till about 2pm. Went to my local tea stand, after the tea I went into town for a milkshake, felt a bit hungry and there was a new kebab shop opened in town so got a Seekh kebab. came back to my guest house and now I'm using the internet.

Not sure what I'll do for the rest of the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Today I'm on a train from the wrong city.

Yesterday morning still very drunk was dropped to the airport to catch my flight. To realise had left my bag containing my passport in my friends kitchen....
    Went back to his house and promptly booked myself another flight. Wasn't until I printed off my boarding pass that I realised my second mistake of the day....right country, wrong city. Been travelling since 4am won't get home til prob 4pm this evening and I'm still hungover.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Today i have been studying Math since 8am ..............
    my only conclusion is that pythagoras is a ****(rhymes with runt)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30 hello there folks

I woke up this morning intending to be a good student and study before getting a tooth extraction. I decided pft study i'm getting a tooth out so in bed. Gonna go in and get the gf part of her xmas present :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Today I got delivered to the workplace some Christmas presents for the loved ones (including myself!).
    This evening I should go to town to meet a friend over briefly from San Francisco.

AH, should I go?
    (town is London by the way and its cold out...)

This Thursday is the Christmas party then I'm off till the new year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

After 6 months of treatment, today I bring my 3 year old boy to Crumlin hospital for his final cycle of chemotherapy. Should be home for Christmas, all going well.

Think we have a winner folks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Today is Tuesday. It is cold but not as bad. It is 7 days to Santa. I am going shopping with Mammy tomorrow. Sean got a new jumper. Dan's dog is sick. Conor is coming home on Friday. It is winter. The hedgehogs are asleep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

My News

Today I walked by MANY DELICIOUS-LOOKING CAKES AND BISCUITS on offer all over the office and did not eat any of them. I had an apple instead.

homemadecider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,573 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

Today i have been studying Math since 8am ..............
    my only conclusion is that pythagoras is a ****(rhymes with runt)

You're gonna get an even worse land when you find out there's a LOT more than one sum out there. A lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

17th December 2012

Had a bad day, went to work, ate a wrap for lunch that wasn't nice and had an argument with a work colleague. Think I'm coming down with the flu

18th December 2012

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy work colleague came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy.
    Tasty.

:eek:

17th December 2012

Had a bad day, went to work, ate a wrap for lunch that wasn't nice and had an argument with a work colleague. Think I'm coming down with the flu

18th December 2012

Fever gone but itchy. Hungry and eat doggy food. Itchy Itchy work colleague came. Ugly face so killed him. Tasty.

Itchy.
    Tasty.

:eek:
    That's kinda weird. :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Today
    i got double pay , free xmas dinner , day off tomorrow , oh and i lost half of my double pay in the bookies , cryed a little , went back to the bookies , cryed some more , back into work , went to the toliet , pissed on my runners by mistake.... ,going home soon

GOOD AFTERNOON THIS IS SAINTFM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭dollypet

Today I came to work, talked sh1te to coworkers, spent as much time as possible on the net trying to entertain myself.

Organised to go shopping this evening after work.

Organising a night drinking with friends on thurs.

Went to the shop for a toastie (chicken and cheese if your asking) mmmmmmmmmm toastie. Had a packet of crisps with it. Have malteasers for later on my desk. Looking forward to them.

Also some mild gossiping

Same old same old

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

saiint wrote: »
    oh and i lost half of my double pay in the bookies

You'll avoid doing that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,408 ✭✭✭ft9

Drove to Cork to do a computer job.. .... Drove the wrong way up a wrong way street just to show the bastards who the real rebel is.....

8 fupn euro in tolls *shakes fist*

Had a bun after my cup of tea, now I'm going to bed..

The End.

I spent the day trying to figure out what a 'wrong way street' is.

Is it simply a street that goes the wrong way? If you turn around and go the other way does it become a right way street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭marcsignal

Where To wrote: »
    It is cold. And dark.

black leather chair, is it ??

marcsignal wrote: »

black leather chair, is it ??
    Get outa dem bushes!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭saiint

Confab wrote: »
    You'll avoid doing that again.

i wont its an addiction

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

Day 2.

Today after breakfast I drove to Tesco to see which Kindle I will buy as a present. On the way some **** in a golf braked suddenly in front of me and I nearly rear-ended him. I won €5 in the lotto last week so I used that to buy a Euromillions ticket for this evening. I intend to win it all. I will attempt to put up some more outdoor xmas lights later.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Paddycrumlinman

Jelly 292 wrote: »
    My dog got bit by me ma's puppy and has cone around neck for the stitch's. Now Im drunk and skint but pointing and laughing at him.

Stick a light bulb in his mouth and he now looks like a lamp. :D

Cute dog.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

saiint wrote: »
    Today
    i got double pay , free xmas dinner , day off tomorrow , oh and i lost half of my double pay in the bookies , cryed a little , went back to the bookies , cryed some more , back into work , went to the toliet , pissed on my runners by mistake.... ,going home soon

GOOD AFTERNOON THIS IS SAINTFM

I know how ye feel. Just lost a tenner on a retarded bloody horse in folkestone :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 735 ✭✭✭joydivision

Went to physio after waiting 2 years for appointment . My back problem is reversible its just that it was left so long without treatment that its so bad . Few exercises and a bit of prodding should sort it .
    Happy but abit angry at the waiting 2 years in pain .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

I'm 10 weeks pregnant with twins, tummy very sore these days with them making room for themselves, predicting a painful pregnancy but looking forward to them being born healthy! Went to see my sons first nativity play this morning and visited a friend afterwards, picked son up from school, bought him new runners (fastest ones in d shop as he requested.) Now trying to convince myself to get out of bed, where i have been resting my weary body, to cook dinner while attempting to convince my sick stomach that it doesn't wish to empty itself again, how I love this all day sickness!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement