If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeview HD+ PVR Recommendation

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭farmer_dave

Hi, I hope to be in Belfast on Thursday. Can you confirm if either of these boxes are in stock?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi,

I'm looking to purchase a UK Freeview HD+ PVR.

I've looked at this TVonics box but have subsequently read elsewhere that TVonics are in administration. Can you fill me in on this?
    Yea I understand that TVonics have goine into Administration - however the product is excellent and we have litelally sold 100's of them to date!
    The other option is the Humax box. Does it come in a 320Gb option as 500Gb is excessive for my needs? Their Freesat version seems to come in both sizes:

Which would have the simpler EPG and recording facililty? Or do you have any other recommendations for me? Finally are they in stock for collection this week?

Thanks.

there is no 320GB option for the T2 HDR - the Freesat 320GB is also now a finished line.

We currently only have the 1TB version available from stock on the Humax and we also have the TVonics 500 GB available from stock for collection...

Please note if you are using these in the ROI - they will work but they are not Saorview approved so you may miss some of the extended Saorview features in the future..

Apologies for the delay getting back to you and please drop me a PM with your contact details if you would like any of these reserved for your visit,

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Thanks John. I'll be down today or tomorrow. TI've done some digging about and although TVonics did go into Administration they were bought over by a company called Pulse Eight.

In case potential customers are worried about it going into Admin, Wiki states:
    On October 22, 2012, it was reported that UK based Pulse-Eight have bought the TVonics brand and the technology behind TVonics DVRs, and announced a plan to create a next-generation of TVonics set-top box based on the popular open source media player software, XBMC, running on top of Android.

I assume now that firmware updates will continue to be released.

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Thanks John. I'll be down today or tomorrow. TI've done some digging about and although TVonics did go into Administration they were bought over by a company called Pulse Eight.

In case potential customers are worried about it going into Admin, Wiki states:

I assume now that firmware updates will continue to be released.

Thanks for that Farmer - if yoyu PM me your name and contact details I'll pop one into reserved for you.

On the update front - unfortunately we cannot guarantee that any manufacturer will give updates but I agree it looks positive for the future!

Thanks again,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

PM sent.

• Advertisement

Cheers guys. Got the box all installed now and it is a sweet bit of kit. Very impressed by the recording facility which checks for future broadcasts of clashing programmes and then notifies if it can resolve it by recording one at a later date.

One question. I need the code for a Nordmende NM26913LEDM4 so that I can combine the remotes.

I've found a website giving the Sky codes - is this the same: http://www.skyremotecodes.co.uk/Nordmende-sky-remote-codes

* in case you are wondering why I just don't try it - I'm not at home and don't really fancy faffing around tonight with it or google. Would be nice to just do it and get it done.

Aside, it seems like a well made box. Good easy to use menus. Nice to set up. A bit of delay changing channels, but then they all have that problem! The HDMI switch is a really neat piece of kit to be included.

Looking forward to some neat firmware updates from the guys at Pulse-Eight.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.