Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too sick for exam

Options
  • 18-12-2012 12:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭

What do I do when i'm too sick to do an exam?
    Dying with a kidney infection.
    Got a cert from her from Doc.
    I'm in 3rd year and never had to do this - last exam too

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Ask for extenuating circumstances from your program office and they'll give you an essay as resit probably.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭pheasant tail

Depending on what your doing,a lot of the courses now you do the extenuating circumstances forms online through your ucd account and hand in the supporting evidence to your programme office after this is done,you'll probably resit it at the end of semester 2

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

I often vowed I'd only not do an exam if I physically couldn't walk. I just could not take the hassle of next semester.

But on topic, I know you can even submit the forms after the exam. A few people I knew missed exams due to circumstance on the actual day.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

ironclaw wrote: »
    I often vowed I'd only not do an exam if I physically couldn't walk. I just could not take the hassle of next semester.

But on topic, I know you can even submit the forms after the exam. A few people I knew missed exams due to circumstance on the actual day.

You can sit the exam and get extenuating circumstances, they just bump up your grade.

Advertisement