Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

buying 2nd hand iphone without box

• 18-12-2012 12:52am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭

so im thinking of buying 2nd hand iphone 4s off adverts.ie. we have agreed on the price and the phone still has 6 months warranty left. the buyer has 100% feedback and has sold 4 other iphones along with alot of computers. there is no box included so i was wondering how do i prove the warranty and if something was to go wrong what would i do.
    should i be worrying or what should i look for if i meet up to buy the iphone
    thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭mikeyod123

ya he provided me with the IMEI and i did check it and its just like he said

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

You're good to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,362 ✭✭✭fox007

yermandan wrote: »
    You're good to go

Is the iPhone sim free or locked to a network? if its locked ask him to put in an unlock request

its locked to three and he said he cant unlock it so i was wondering why? does that mean that because he isnt the account holder or could be stolen?
    if i have the EMEI does that mean when i buy it i can contact three and tell them this so it cant be blacklisted or reported stolen?
    thanks very much for the help so far

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,941 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Unregistered.

yermandan wrote: »
    You're good to go

Ehhhh....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Tell him you will meet him in a Three shop to register the IMEI in your name/account. Once the IMEI is registered in your name / account, you will hand over the cash.
    Otherwise, he can just take the money, and report it afterwards as stolen.

If he has any issues with this, walk away.

so if i was to meet him in 3 and register the EMIE onto my account and i would be PAYG does that mean that it cannot be reported stolen or blacklisted or it still can? he has now cancelled my offer which i only offered last night and asked him a few questions since so maybe i should just leave it at that :o
    what do ye think
    thanks again

Advertisement