Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret River or Jurien Bay

Options
  • 18-12-2012 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Off to Perth for a few days in February, going to take a few days to go up or down the coast, will rent a car to get about.
    Just wondering which is nicer or has more things to do for 3 or 4 days Margaret River or Jurien Bay? Any one been to either or able to recommend one or the other?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭aido79

cooper90 wrote: »

Off to Perth for a few days in February, going to take a few days to go up or down the coast, will rent a car to get about.
    Just wondering which is nicer or has more things to do for 3 or 4 days Margaret River or Jurien Bay? Any one been to either or able to recommend one or the other?

I've been to jurien bay a couple of times and found it boring. I don't really see the point of going north of Perth and only go as far as jurien bay. Although with the limited time you have you wouldn't get much further. I live about an hour from Margaret river and there is so much more to do around there with towns like busselton, dunsborough and yallingup all nearby. You would easily find enough stuff to do for 3 or 4 days there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

There's definitely more down to see south.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Not even a contest, there's nothing in Jurien Bay whereas Margaret River is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Sidd

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Not even a contest, there's nothing in Jurien Bay whereas Margaret River is awesome.

Any recommendations on what to do around the area?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,092 ✭✭✭catbear

Go on winery tour, get drunk slowly.
    Walk some of the cape trail, climb some big trees....etc.

To be honest I find it really hard to get excited about going anywhere outside of Perth and that's not saying there's a lot to see in Perth. I've gone north (not as far as the Kimberleys which I will try) and south and I haven't seen anything that made me want to return except for the cape trail. For what you'd pay for a night in Margaret river you'd be better off saving your cash, work up some leave and heading abroad for an extended break.

• Advertisement
Advertisement