Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Coopers kit,have to wait though

Options
  • 18-12-2012 1:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 548 ✭✭✭

So the OH got me the coopers lager kit for Christmas and i have to wait till then to play with it

Just wondering could any of you guys give some advice on how to get the best results so I don't F?&@ up the first batch

I got plastic bottles with it but I can get glass bottles from the local if I want brothers a bar man would glass be better and should I get another fermenting vessel

Any help appreiciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭KAGY

Wils110 wrote: »
    So the OH got me the coopers lager kit for Christmas and i have to wait till then to play with it

Just wondering could any of you guys give some advice on how to get the best results so I don't F?&@ up the first batch

I got plastic bottles with it but I can get glass bottles from the local if I want brothers a bar man would glass be better and should I get another fermenting vessel

Any help appreiciated
    The plastic bottles are fine
    The advice I got here when I started was:
    Sterilize everything
    Ignore the temperature in the instructions, 18-20 is better, but it'll take two weeks
    Don't use ordinary sugar, use the brew enhancer or spraymalt for more body
    You don't need to rack to a second fermenter, I still don't, but its harder to get consistent carbonation and you'll end up with more sediment in the bottle.
    From my experience don't use too much boiling water, or it's a pain to get the temp down, 2 l is enough,
    It's not really that hard, also check beoir.org for a good how to

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,850 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

The how-to is here.

Good luck, and don't be disheartened if your first attempt isn't great.

Advertisement